Vinyl Match for Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nekroic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I can not find anyone that has a matching vinyl for Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat. I just got a sick 2019 Ram Laramie but I need to vinyl out all the chrome. I have seen a lot of pictures on all different kinds of colors but what I would like in this post is pictures on JUST Granite Crystal. If anyone has the type and color Vinyl they used and pictures of before and after I would be eternally grateful if you could post them in this thread!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nekroic

Nekroic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There’s thread near the top of the exterior section you should look at.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/granite-crystal-vinyl-match.136501/

Yeah I sow that. The issue is the match image is in the rain and its such a small sample its really hard to tell how it went. I've wrote that guy asking for more images after he said he was getting his mirrors done with no response. I have a guy in my local town that quoted me $500 to do both bumpers, 5 handles, grill, and mirrors but the 3m Dark grey is only about a 95% match. I was hoping someone had some vinyl work already done that I could see. If not I will have my local guy do all my handles and compare that first before I do the rest.

Thanks for the response!

OCbuilder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious, how did you find or come up with the 95% number?

I want to color match my handles and mirrors in Granite Crystal but didn’t really know vinyl wrap was a legit option for the application.

I’ve been looking at painted replacements, which aren’t too expensive but would require a lot of my personal time for install or money to have installed.

95% doesn’t sound that bad, lol

OP
OP
Nekroic

Nekroic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its an arbitrary number I came up with looking at the vinyl next to my truck. I really wanted to cover the chrome on my truck but one I added the lift and 35inch tires it really started to look good! I am really starting to like the slight contrast from the gray paint and chrome.

OP
OP
Nekroic

Nekroic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
a>
34PXg7F

20200122_171721.jpg

20200122_171714.jpg
kqQZT8b

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That sample looks really close but with it being matte I think it would stick out. Can't seem to find a gloss version. I ordered a sample of a gloss metallic anthracite wrap and it's close, but just a shade lighter. I'm trying to decide if I want to wait for spring and paint my front bumper or if I can find a really good match just wrap it and get it done now

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
Probably have to wrap the whole truck to get a satisfactory match with that color. Anything else will look cheap or tacky IMO.

A full dip is probably the most cost effective, the lower trim chrome mix trucks have way too much going on.

RAM_CHAOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys-

you can try
*Premium High Gloss Glitter Gray Sparkle Car Vinyl Wrap Sticker Decal Sheet Film

Search for it on EBay. I did one handle and it was like 96%. My wrap job was awful so I took it off. You can or a sample doe $3 and try it.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I can not find anyone that has a matching vinyl for Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat. I just got a sick 2019 Ram Laramie but I need to vinyl out all the chrome. I have seen a lot of pictures on all different kinds of colors but what I would like in this post is pictures on JUST Granite Crystal. If anyone has the type and color Vinyl they used and pictures of before and after I would be eternally grateful if you could post them in this thread!
A dedicated wrap shop can print the vinyl is any color. Off the shelf vinyl will not have enough metallic flake.

Gixxer750

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015_2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
3M 2080 series....

20200707_102503.jpg

20200707_184201.jpg

20200707_184230.jpg

duprat_designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone end up following through on this? Just bought a ram and thinking of doing the same but would love to see some results. I don't dislike the chrome but am exploring options as I'm about to buy wheels/tires/lift and whether I leave things chrome or colour match will likely determine the wheels I get. Thanks in advance.

CLJOHNS79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Im in same situation. there's really no close match smh options I was given either to wrap whole truck or purchases bumpers for 600 a piece and resale the ones you have on Ebay