Voltage drop/check engine light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBurch52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI etorque
2024 Ram 1500 5.7 HEMI etorque. 900 miles, check engine light came on, battery voltage was 11.9. Took it to Advanced Auto to check the code it threw (it was 8:00 PM on Saturday night, and i was 180 miles from home). Code was “Drive Motor A inverter performance”, decided to get a hotel room and stay, by the time i got the hotel, voltage was down to 11.1, battery light was on and electronics started to malfunction. I had it towed to a CDJR dealership because they told me not to drive it.

Fast forward a couple of days, they said the 12 volt battery tested bad, they replaced it and it threw another code telling them to check wiring and if good replace the MGU. Wiring was good and MGU should be in Tuesday, but I’m skeptical if that will fix the problem and the dealer is too. I was under the impression the MGU was used to charge the 48 volt power pack unit which charged the 12 volt battery. I suppose the 48 volt could not have been charging which caused all the issues, but seems like more would have been going wrong if that was the case, but i don’t really know that. Dealer says 48 volt power pack unit is next to impossible to get.

Anyone know about the availability of the 48 volt power pack unit? Or could anyone shed any light on other possible issues? Or give me any confidence that the MGU is the issue?

Like i said brand new $65,000 truck, had it for a week. Any help is appreciated.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not trying to be a bad guy, but our sales rep that handled my wife's 2016 jeep tried to get me into an etorque. Said it would be the best thing for towing our camper. After two years of following this forum, I thank God I did not listen to him. Hope they get yours fixed fast...

clos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
Can you give an update to the outcome and if you've had anymore issues? I was told today by the dealership that I need a new MGU, but my 2023 Ram was running fine until the had to do a PCM calibration recall. The next morning at 5am, my Truck was dead. If course they are saying they had nothing to do with it.

New Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
My 2024 ram Laramie did the same thing at 100 miles, but on my way to the dealership. They had to replace the MGU, no problems since.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357