Warranty Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotsauceED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Hi Guys,

Taking delivery of a 2019 Classic ED with black package & sport styling cues. Dealer told me I needed to land on a warranty plan right away which I didn't quite believe & got confirmation from other Dealers that is not the case. They quoted me $4,700 CAD for the 410 plan 7yr/160k km

My understanding is that I can engage any Dealership for this plan? My main concern with this truck is the diesel motor & I am wondering if a more focused plan on the powertrain would be available?

What are your thoughts?

I currently have another quote for the 410 plan coming in at $3,700 CAD

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can only speak to the 7 yr price. I was offered the same thing for about 4400 I believe. I couldn't stomach that & went with the 5yr/100,000km because I knew the yrs would run out before the mileage and that plan was still 1800 bucks. I choked at the 7 yr offer.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You can get a warranty pretty much anytime, they were trying to pressure you then, good bonus for you buying it.
There are many out there that you can purchase a similar FCA warranty from, later, and cheaper.

buddy guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can get a warranty pretty much anytime, they were trying to pressure you then, good bonus for you buying it.
There are many out there that you can purchase a similar FCA warranty from, later, and cheaper.
Are you sure thats the case in Canada? Because I needed to include mine in financing I did it pretty much right away. Can't recall if I asked if I could buy later to be honest.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congratulations on the new truck. Hope you enjoy it. There are other threads that discuss options for warranty purchases. I bought my truck new last October, I continually receive offers for reduced prices on these and assume you would also. I personally don't buy them, while I have had repairs like e everyone else I see these as too high of a cost with too many exclusions. If you buy with truck and make payments you pay interest on that warranty cost so it ends up costing you more. If you buy it outright you lose the value of that money today. If you have that much available put it somewhere you can make some money and earn interest until you might need the funds. Essentially they are insurance items that are designed to make underwriting company money. There are certainly people who got their money's worth but the majority do not, otherwise these would be loss leaders (which they are not) and all those aftermarket companies would go out of business, or they and MOPAR would increase costs to resume profitability. Again, they CONTINUALLY barrage me with offers, they have to be making money to want to sell them so much.

OP
OP
HotsauceED

HotsauceED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
Are you sure thats the case in Canada? Because I needed to include mine in financing I did it pretty much right away. Can't recall if I asked if I could buy later to be honest.

I have offers from 2 Dealerships Ontario & Manitoba to add warranty within first 12 months. The chrysler warranty direct didn't seem to mention Canada

Congratulations on the new truck. Hope you enjoy it. There are other threads that discuss options for warranty purchases. I bought my truck new last October, I continually receive offers for reduced prices on these and assume you would also. I personally don't buy them, while I have had repairs like e everyone else I see these as too high of a cost with too many exclusions. If you buy with truck and make payments you pay interest on that warranty cost so it ends up costing you more. If you buy it outright you lose the value of that money today. If you have that much available put it somewhere you can make some money and earn interest until you might need the funds. Essentially they are insurance items that are designed to make underwriting company money. There are certainly people who got their money's worth but the majority do not, otherwise these would be loss leaders (which they are not) and all those aftermarket companies would go out of business, or they and MOPAR would increase costs to resume profitability. Again, they CONTINUALLY barrage me with offers, they have to be making money to want to sell them so much.

Yes, warranties are generally money makers. I normally bypass but have read a fair bit of negative eco diesel press... I likely intend to rid myself of the EGR system & components to increase reliability but I suppose I should wait until my factory warranty is up.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
FCA shouldn't matter, as long as its a dealer.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Shop your warranty vs. buying it directly from the dealer on sale day. You can always go back to the business manager at the dealer to buy later if it's the best deal out there. I would say it doesn't sound like it.

Find out what is available, what is covered and what is not covered, what the deductibles are and whether or not you can use it at any dealer.

Lastly, if Chrysler Warranty Direct Max Care is available I'd highly recommend that. Mine came with a $100 deductible and basically covered everything except wear parts (belts, hoses, brake pads) or damage due to collision, public unrest, yadda yadda yadda.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Shop your warranty vs. buying it directly from the dealer on sale day. You can always go back to the business manager at the dealer to buy later if it's the best deal out there. I would say it doesn't sound like it.

Find out what is available, what is covered and what is not covered, what the deductibles are and whether or not you can use it at any dealer.

Lastly, if Chrysler Warranty Direct Max Care is available I'd highly recommend that. Mine came with a $100 deductible and basically covered everything except wear parts (belts, hoses, brake pads) or damage due to collision, public unrest, yadda yadda yadda.
Yes always shop around if it is something you want. While having MOPAR coverage can have advantages, I prefer my independent mechanic who has always worked with me on my out of warranty repairs. So if I had an extended warranty I might consider a third party company. But I always buy low option vehicles and I generally have less problems. Just my thing.