wash mit or terry cloth to wash black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electricme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok... wow. I've been washing vehicles wrong for almost 17 years now.

Well, at least now I know, and as they say in G.I. Joe, knowing is half the battle. I doubt I will ever be able to do everything needed all the time to keep my black truck in pristine look, I just take comfort in the fact that I can take steps to do things in a more correct fashon. Good thing I have only washed the truck twice.

Now for my next question, with the height of the ram trucks, how do you get the top of the vehicle? Even from the bed of the truck and me being 6 foot 2 inches tall, I can't really reach everywhere. I do not have nerf bars, or side steps, so I assume a ladder? the 2nd time I washed the truck, I stood on the tri fold tanneau cover and that helped, but man, it's a chore washing this thing with the sheer height of it. It's certianly not my 97 Dakota or my 09 Malibu.

I use a kitchen step stool... Im 6'3" though so I have an advantage haha... My friend who is short has a brush on a pole especially for the roof. if you cant reach. Always do the roof first start at the top and work your way down is how I was taught by my pops.:grd:

ihnken33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yea, I do a top down style of wash too. Maybe I'll give that kitchen step stool a try next time. I'll make sure I take mental notes of how it goes. Thanks for the suggestion.