Water spots help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So before I got my adams supplies I washed my truck with a maguires wash. Well ever since I've had real tiny water spots everywhere. I thought maybe washing it again with adams shampoo would help but no. Any ideas of the easiest way to get these off? Don't think it's hard water spots because it didn't do it to my wife's black durango but I could be wrong. My truck is black also so it's really driving me nuts. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You might have to polish your truck to remove the water spots.
Jay

e9muzik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are you washing in direct sunlight? Are you towel drying? Do you make sure your car is always wet before you dry? 9 times out of 10 I always spray my truck/cars down with a quick detailer to ensure that I'll have no water spots remaining on the vehicle whilst drying.

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
You need to disolve the calcium that create the hard water spots. Park in the shade and try this. With vehicle surface cool mix some white vinegar with soft water at a 50/50 ratio. With a clean cotton towel do one section at a time by getting the towel wet apply to the paint and let the vinegar mixture sit on the paint for a minute or so giving it time to disolve the water spot. Then lightly wipe the surface until the spots are gone. For real bad spots you can use it full strength. When spots are gone rinse with clean water and do the next section. This will remove any wax you have so you will need to re wax the truck. You can also use a clay bar but be aware that a clay bar removes a small amount of clear coat every time you use it. The vinegar method does not remove any paint.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A light polish usuals removes these, otherwise I believe megs has a water spot remover.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Squeegee and towel dry and this'll never happen. Tip, dry windows and mirrors first.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Squeegee and towel dry and this'll never happen. Tip, dry windows and mirrors first.

And if you have folding mirrors, fold them in and out a few times! You'd be amazed how much water comes from them.

OP
OP
Jak259

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VolsRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Adam's tips say that claying can remove small minor water spots. You can probably knock them out with a hand polisher too if they are really small. Bigger spots may need an electrical polisher. Have you checked out Adam's Forums? I'm sure you can find all kinds of info on there that use the Adam's products you may have.

1500BR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I would just polish the truck and try to stay ahead of it by towel drying, also helps to use microfiber towels to try to prolong clear coat.