Water damaged/Flooded, No power to most electronics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sometimes you can detect a flood vehicle by running your fingers along the top of the little ledge at the very bottom of the dash. If there's a layer of fine, powdery silt, it's been in a flood.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
Are you just supplying power with a battery charger? That sounds like a bad idea, you want a good battery to start with, and a good volt meter

I have never messed with s flooded truck, but I would be starting with the computer, they will not standup to water

Try unhooking everything not required for the motor and start tracking power for that
Don’t worry about lights amd such

Did you pull the seats? , there is a computer under there on mine.
I presume you have all the flooring out of it, that stuff could be pressure washed and dried after you get it running

Would a good code reader help?
I am not up on those

OP
OP
J

Jake_

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Flex Fuel 4.7
It’s been a little while and I don’t want to revive this thread but I figure I’d give an update on the truck. After a few weeks of searching I found a same spec, one year newer, parts truck. I did some negotiating with the guy and (after about 9 hours out in the cold) I had myself a full interior, with all the computers, wire harness and a few other goodies for $350.

It took me 2 days on/off with swapping everything into my Ram and after doing many checks on the motor and trans, I threw a set of plugs in it and gave it a crank, without hesitation it fired right up.

I have a few more touch ups before it’ll be entirely done but so far no issues with the motor or transmission. For the next while I will be doing more fluid flushes to make sure any contaminants that may have stuck around are gone and will be checking the wiring connections every so often to make sure no corrosion is occurring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357