What 35x12.50 Tire to Purchase?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmelt829

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
I have a 2019 1500 Classic Big Horn 4x4. Getting ready to put a rough country 6" lift on it. I'm upgrading the tires to 35x12.50s and keeping stock 20" wheels for now. I'm having the hardest time deciding what tires to put on it. I want something agressive looking but good on the roads. I don't do much off-roading so an MT doesn't make sense for me. I currently have Falken Wildpeaks and love them (275/55r20s). But not quite as aggressive-looking as I want.

Leaning towards Nitto Ridge Grapplers or Mickey Thompson Baja Boss. Love the Bajas but I've heard a lot of rumblings about how hard they are to balance properly (yes I know an AT tire in general is hard to balance). Also open to Toyos but everything I've seen or people I've talked to preferred the Nittos.

Any suggestions? Anything else to consider?

(And yes I'm aware there are plenty of tire threads out there but I haven't found anything super comprehensive or gives solid suggestions one way or another.)

Udy2554

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The “new” RTs offer an aggressive tread! Kinda hybrid AT/MT!

I’m trying the Kenda Klever RTs!

35 12.5 17E

I even bought a set to stud for winter!

IMG_9306.jpegIMG_9305.jpegIMG_9308.jpeg

So far, I’m very happy with their manners on and off road! Clay, gravel, some mud! Done a lot of towing, wet pavement, hills! Reasonably priced also!

The only downfall I can see so far…they pick up and fling stones!!!

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Nitto Ridge Grapplers and have been very happy with them , no balance issues , very quiet for an aggressive , but after about 38,000mi
they have gotten louder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat