What did the deer do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

For the Jersey folks, this happened in Colts Neck

Non Jersey folks, the rich town that uses Deer in lieu of cops

Going 40 in a 40, I'm fine, but Trucks not and also has a CEL (Had to turn off the front sensor as it was screaming), though thankful engine and radiator seem fine, as I've took care of my errands until just now, so driving for the last 2-3hrs

So, what did the kamikaze doe do?
IMG_20200207_131034.jpg IMG_20200207_150323.jpg IMG_20200207_150329.jpg IMG_20200207_150342.jpg IMG_20200207_150335.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry, For your collision you took it most in the grill must have been a small doe, Glad you're ok guessing $10,000 - $15,000 damage.

P/S what are you pointing at Mr. Gambit

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Sorry, For your collision you took it most in the grill must have been a small doe, Glad you're ok guessing $10,000 - $15,000 damage.

Wow, damn, thank god I have insurance. Wonder if I can find any quality aftermarket parts instead of using OEM for it

Yeah, it was a doe, didn't see antlers on it. The One Time I let my guard down there, and I used to live there

I'm fine, more upset about the truck tbh, especially as next week and next month, I had plans to install mods

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What the doe did was not look both ways before crossing the street. Dad's probably out buckin' around and mom just sitting under a tree saying deery me. Where were the parents!

Last edited:

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
So, what did the kamikaze doe do?
She just kept going on about her day?

That is what they seem to do around here. Completley demolish a front end and just keep right on walking.

They usually only get hurt if they hit into the side of the vehicle and snap their neck...or end up under a tire.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
My friends daughter hit a deer so hard it was stuck in the frontend. She never even stopped. A road worker stopped her for construction and asked if she knew she had hit a deer. She asked him how could he tell? He said, "Lady, it's stuck on the front of the car." She drove it on home. My buddy had to hook a chain to it and a tree to pull it out.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

She just kept going on about her day?

That is what they seem to do around here. Completley demolish a front end and just keep right on walking.

They usually only get hurt if they hit into the side of the vehicle and snap their neck...or end up under a tire.

No, she's sadly dead.

Truck drives still, used it today and Saturday, just waiting for the adjuster

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Sorry to hear, those things are everywhere up near my property in nor cal and most seem slightly suicidal....
Are you having venison for dinner?

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Sorry to hear, those things are everywhere up near my property in nor cal and most seem slightly suicidal....
Are you having venison for dinner?

Naw, I wish

Haven't had Venison since NM 2 years ago

That said, sure I can get myself a gun permit and hunt one

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Where I live the speed limit on many of the country roads is 35 MPH but on a road where my sight distance is limited I slow down as I need time to see the deer and time to react and time to stop the truck. At night that means driving at 25 MPH so I do not hit the deer.

If you look at deer encounters by people driving too fast but having brush guards you will find that usually these protective devices do actually protect the radiator but often the deer is thrown up into the air and crashed through the windshield.

KlatuBaradaNikto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out here in New Mexico we have a lot of Elk versus car encounters. The elk usually win. Most of the time folks (who live in the high country) out drive their headlights and cannot stop in time.

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We love Cloudcroft. Went there twice in September 2019. Drove down a National Forest road and saw a bunch of elk crossing the road. We will be going back for a visit soon.

Out here in New Mexico we have a lot of Elk versus car encounters. The elk usually win. Most of the time folks (who live in the high country) out drive their headlights and cannot stop in time.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

We love Cloudcroft. Went there twice in September 2019. Drove down a National Forest road and saw a bunch of elk crossing the road. We will be going back for a visit soon.

I remember going there, they got a lodge with all sorts of animal jerkies right?

Ex was from Almagehtto, also went to Roswell, definitely interesting out there, especially with her old Golf (She busted the oil pan out when it bottomed out as she was flying down the mountain, poor car)

Last edited by a moderator:

Glenn54

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
We didn't see any animal jerky but you may be right. Saw a couple of elk in the back of trucks that would have made good jerky.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Apparently the six foot social distance doesn't apply to deer......

M

MaxSal

I learned this week honesty's not always the best policy

Since the trucks been fixed, washer pump ain't working and since I got stupid and told the dealer, they're pushing to back to the body shop

Wish me luck and Fortunately, the Y-pipes hereIMG_20200614_015527.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01