What did you say when you saw your truck for the first time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DeckArtist

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I said “Oh **** I knew I shouldn’t have walked out onto this lot… That truck cost more than the house I bought but I have to have it!"

It was already too late though, the blacked out RebelB717B6A5-03A6-46A5-B71C-12BA15D0CF5D.jpeg was exactly what I wanted to begin with and even though I had never bought a new vehicle I decided it was time.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I said “Oh **** I knew I shouldn’t have walked out onto this lot… That truck cost more than the house I bought but I have to have it!"

It was already too late though, the blacked out RebelView attachment 240461 was exactly what I wanted to begin with and even though I had never bought a new vehicle I decided it was time.
White letter tires look good on it.

RedShirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7-liter Cummins turbodiesel
I said "THERE IT IS!"

My salesman, my wife and I were cruising the back lot looking for my truck, the salesman was holding the fob up and hitting the panic button so we could find it. She was buried in the back lot, probably getting ready for auction.

Then she started honking saying "HERE I AM! HERE I AM!"

All I needed was a test drive and making the tires bark, a lot, just accelerating out of an intersection. She was telling me that she had a lot of power in her twin turbos. :)

I've changed out the Nerf boards with an Aries powered step running board and change out the antenna with a black shorty. So far. She's going to be pulling my toy hauler when it arrives.

LOL. True story.
View media item 30718

Last edited:

Hawaii_Built

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
My wife's words... "whoa! It's too low to take camping. You ordered the lift and tires yet?"

Fishstickz

Reaction score
Ram Year
'06, '16
Engine
3.7, 5.7 Hemi
“Eh, might come back to it” as i was scrolling thru hundreds of online listings

I was really looking for an 04-06 silverado, but obviously that search didn’t pan out lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
WTF?!?!?!?!?!? I ordered a RED truck????

Jerid

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Custom
Engine
5.7L Hemi Etorque
I’m a putz. Every new vehicle I buy I’m thinking, “I sure hope their details guy knows how to not scratch the clear coat.” So when I pic it up, I’m looking close. (I usually buy black). I’ve got a new black Power Wagon on order, and I’ll be telling the shop to put their best guy on it. Like I said, I’m a putz. I gotta learn to enjoy those moments like the rest of you all!

First thing I said (Custom ordered) you better not have put your dealership branding on her, or I'll have you build a new one. They built a new one...

'06 Ram 2500

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny I was always a Ford or Chevy guy and heard all the stories of how bad a Dodge Truck can be. My ‘06 Ram 2500 4x4 has proven reliable and has had minimum problems. Had to replace the computer for unknown reasons but everything else is ok. The ride was super stiff (it’s a 3/4 ton duh) but the Carli Suspension has helped that a lot. Not too many manual shift trucks out there so it’s kinda unique. I think it looks great now.

Yukonbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I’m a putz. Every new vehicle I buy I’m thinking, “I sure hope their details guy knows how to not scratch the clear coat.” So when I pic it up, I’m looking close. (I usually buy black). I’ve got a new black Power Wagon on order, and I’ll be telling the shop to put their best guy on it. Like I said, I’m a putz. I gotta learn to enjoy those moments like the rest of you all!
We picked up our new 2021 custom built Ram 3500. We I first seen it all I could do was say wow -smile from ear to ear. We purchased the car care package. When I went back to get it, I was I overwhelmed with the detail and beauty.

63262677-502F-4F08-809C-8C0E792F25AA.jpeg

0BABF5C2-5530-41C2-85D7-1694DB509840.jpeg

21DEF019-FFDF-486A-AB45-0D93DC535A08.jpeg

03CC1082-E558-4638-9B03-42A6591DACFA.jpeg

EA06D817-E567-4E86-8420-EB4318C32385.jpeg

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I remember seeing my 2017 Rebel for the first time....was in awe.

My 2021 75A Power Wagon is due to be delivered in the next 30-60 days...and I know I'll be giddy driving to the dealer.

Can't wait!

stereo_luver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
78538160_10157212647591715_6972598913626800128_o.jpg

"It's not the color I asked for but I like it"

My wife heads a team that handles the investments and accounts for a owner of a conglomerate of dealerships. He told me where to go and who to see for my new truck. I met with the dealership's manager and he put me on a sales guy and told him, "Sandy sent this fellow here to buy a new truck. Take care of him". I told him my budget, make, model, year, color, options and so on. Call me when you find what I want. He stated he had access to over 300 dealerships and would be getting me exactly what I was looking for.

Over the next 3 weeks I'm called to come see what the sales guy had found for me. None were what I had specified in our initial meeting. I was getting irritated and started looking at other dealerships. 3 months go by and I'm attending a holiday function my wife's work has put together for higher profile clients. I saw the owner of the dealership there and he asked how I liked my new truck. I explained what has transpired over the past few months. He was apologetic and assured me he would get to the bottom of the situation.

The following Monday I received a call from the manager of the dealership asking me if I can stop by to meet with him at my convenience. I made it to meet with him and he explained that people come in all the time telling him that the owner told them to come buy a vehicle. These people have run into the owner in public by chance. They don't have a somewhat personal tie to the owner like I had. 2 days later I get a text from the sales guy with a photo of a new 2020 1500 Bighorn 4x4 Granite + Night Edition, leveled, upgraded wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers yadda yadda yadda for exactly what I said I wanted to spend. I wanted Black. It was a different color but the price was what I had stated. I went to see the truck anyway.

When I got to the dealership I was handled VIP style. The sales guy said he was going to grab the key fob and we could go for a ride. We walked outside and he clicked the fob, I heard the horn and saw a new 2020 black 1500 Bighorn 4x4 across the lot. I said "NOPE!" Then proceeded to show the sales guy the text I received with the Granite colored Bighorn and it was right beside us, about 150 feet away. He said that was a mistake. Now I'm really pissed. I told him this was all a bunch of Bu11$hit. He said there was no way to let me have the Granite colored truck for what I wanted to spend. It was loaded with options, been leveled, upgraded Mopar wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Bedliner yadda yadda yadda. I told him I didn't give a $h!t just make it happen. I left. 30 minutes later I was back to test drive the 'mistake'. The paperwork was processed and ready for me to sign the next day. I signed, stroked a check for what I intended to pay and drove off with a truck that was listed almost $18K more than what I had set MY price to be.

I saw the owner a couple of months later and he asked me how I liked my new truck. I told him that I did indeed like the truck. He told me I damn well better be happy with the deal I got. We laughed, shook hands and had a drink. It ended well for me, but I'm not sure what all may have happened at the dealership?

Rlaman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It was already too late though, the blacked out RebelView attachment 240461 was exactly what I wanted to begin with and even though I had never bought a new vehicle I decided it was time.

WOW !!!!

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
I was working for FCA and taking advantage of their Employee Lease program (Unlimited miles, free tires and oil changes, free insurance, $477 a month) driving a 2020 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 Hemi. When I took another job I had to turn in the lease so I was in need of a new truck, I had 2 weeks to find something. I knew I wanted another Ram and I was always fond of the 4th Gen body style.
After a week of looking (and a lot of stress as I hadn't found anything that stood out to me) on Carfax I finally stumbled across a 2014 Ram 2500 already lifted with Toyos for $28k and only had 35k on it. 2 owners, no accidents. My first thoughts were "why are the miles so low?" & "Why is it at a Mini Cooper Dealership?" I called and they informed me they just received the truck yesterday and hadn't done any inspections on it. I said I was interested in test driving it and wanted to ensure I don't lose my place in line. The following day I left work early and drove 2 hours to Ann Arbor to see it in person.
Pulling into the lot it was unmistakable. The truck was sitting so tall next to the Minis that it looked like it was parked on top of one. It was in great shape (minus a few scratches on the bed sides) and felt awesome to drive. I asked the dealer why anyone would trade this in for a Mini Cooper, he explained that the previous owner sold it to them out-right. No trade in. He said it was just after the COVID thing got serious and he drove from Charlotte to sell it to them. It was his weekend and summertime fun truck and wasn't using it daily (which explains the low miles)
Picked it up the following day and have been in love ever since. Dealer gave me $50 in cash to get some gas and buy my 2 daughters some ice cream.
I also had to buy it "As Is" because it wouldn't fit into the mini cooper testing rack for alignment and their lift wasn't strong enough to pick it up. They did a full detail and changed the fluids in the parking lot because their garage doors were so small. :rotflmao:

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
View attachment 240941

"It's not the color I asked for but I like it"

My wife heads a team that handles the investments and accounts for a owner of a conglomerate of dealerships. He told me where to go and who to see for my new truck. I met with the dealership's manager and he put me on a sales guy and told him, "Sandy sent this fellow here to buy a new truck. Take care of him". I told him my budget, make, model, year, color, options and so on. Call me when you find what I want. He stated he had access to over 300 dealerships and would be getting me exactly what I was looking for.

Over the next 3 weeks I'm called to come see what the sales guy had found for me. None were what I had specified in our initial meeting. I was getting irritated and started looking at other dealerships. 3 months go by and I'm attending a holiday function my wife's work has put together for higher profile clients. I saw the owner of the dealership there and he asked how I liked my new truck. I explained what has transpired over the past few months. He was apologetic and assured me he would get to the bottom of the situation.

The following Monday I received a call from the manager of the dealership asking me if I can stop by to meet with him at my convenience. I made it to meet with him and he explained that people come in all the time telling him that the owner told them to come buy a vehicle. These people have run into the owner in public by chance. They don't have a somewhat personal tie to the owner like I had. 2 days later I get a text from the sales guy with a photo of a new 2020 1500 Bighorn 4x4 Granite + Night Edition, leveled, upgraded wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers yadda yadda yadda for exactly what I said I wanted to spend. I wanted Black. It was a different color but the price was what I had stated. I went to see the truck anyway.

When I got to the dealership I was handled VIP style. The sales guy said he was going to grab the key fob and we could go for a ride. We walked outside and he clicked the fob, I heard the horn and saw a new 2020 black 1500 Bighorn 4x4 across the lot. I said "NOPE!" Then proceeded to show the sales guy the text I received with the Granite colored Bighorn and it was right beside us, about 150 feet away. He said that was a mistake. Now I'm really pissed. I told him this was all a bunch of Bu11$hit. He said there was no way to let me have the Granite colored truck for what I wanted to spend. It was loaded with options, been leveled, upgraded Mopar wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Bedliner yadda yadda yadda. I told him I didn't give a $h!t just make it happen. I left. 30 minutes later I was back to test drive the 'mistake'. The paperwork was processed and ready for me to sign the next day. I signed, stroked a check for what I intended to pay and drove off with a truck that was listed almost $18K more than what I had set MY price to be.

I saw the owner a couple of months later and he asked me how I liked my new truck. I told him that I did indeed like the truck. He told me I damn well better be happy with the deal I got. We laughed, shook hands and had a drink. It ended well for me, but I'm not sure what all may have happened at the dealership?
Man, that sounds like my exact same story. Whent through all the same stuff you did with trying to get me in different trucks i didn't want. After 6 months of back and forth because I'm retired and got time to break the dealership Down, they had me just build and order exactly what i wanted for what I told them I would pay for it, actually they got it to me for $110 less than my limit, hahaha. Got a 85k truck for 69,890, 15k off and better than the 69,999 that i wanted and gave me almost full retail , not ful trade in value, retail, for my trade. I think dealerships look at us folks who spend months on end negotiating with them the same way they do like how much they have to invest in a car to get it ready to sell, wich we know isn't much but that's there shtick. They have to much time and sm hours invested in us to walk away. Win win if you can spend months wearing them down and they know your not desperate and are willing to walk away

njjeff201

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 E Torque Hemi
HOLY ****!!!!! 1500. 10th Anniversary Long Horn Patriot Blue Pearl,MoonRoof, Technology Grp, Advancsed Safety Grp., Chrome Pwr Fld mirrors, Tri Fold Cover, Mountain Brown Interiir, 12" screen, upgraded 19 Speaker XM, eTorque Hemi, Split rear tailgate, blah, blah, last BIG purchase probably in my life!!

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey they fked up the tires I wanted! And look at the dent in the bumper. Apparently that's this moron sales womans idea of perfect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinRam1500