"What DON'T you like about your 5th Gen RAM"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowDown

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BUT, you can't tell it to unlock the Rear Door when you touch the Rear Door!!

That's what this was about. D'oh!

Not that I think the original complaint is above a 5/10, but it IS a definable, and legitimate "complaint".

Correct

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Lying about my phone status haha, if I can't use the phone then it is NOT ready.
129300476_448152476591839_8981293208598803670_n.jpg

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha yeah I'm not crying too hard either, really I just like playing devils advocate to corny every once in a while. It would be handy, most of the time I have to go for the rear doors first but I've got long arms so not a huge deal!

[emoji2369]....

I just can’t help myself with some of these replies… LOL.

But play on, ya ain’t shakin’ my monkey tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
What don't I like about my Ram?......I wish it had a 7.0L/426ci Hemi, pushing over 600HP. :)

Ramjob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The rear seatbelts are a pain to use because the buckle is buried too far into the seat. I just ordered an extension because I'm tire of buckling my mother in law in because she can't find and connect the belt to the dumb buckle. It needs to be retractable

That’s why I got the 6’ bed, so she can be more comfortable.

Ramjob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've started disliking my keyless go. If I sleep in my truck as I do sometimes it's a pain to try and lock the doors and with the key I could start the truck easy to heat up the cab for a bit on a cold night. Now I have to press unlock on the fob, because it disables the key if you lock it inside. Then crawl into the front seat to press the brake to start it, which isn't neccessary on the keyed trucks. Then manually lock the door again and repeat.

I got divorced and quiet drinking or that would have been one of my complaints also.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've started disliking my keyless go. If I sleep in my truck as I do sometimes...

I got divorced and quiet drinking or that would have been one of my complaints also.

Not EXACTLY the response I would have expected, but.... Whoa! Great Answer.

(thankfully I have no concerns)

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've started disliking my keyless go. If I sleep in my truck as I do sometimes it's a pain to try and lock the doors and with the key I could start the truck easy to heat up the cab for a bit on a cold night. Now I have to press unlock on the fob, because it disables the key if you lock it inside. Then crawl into the front seat to press the brake to start it, which isn't neccessary on the keyed trucks. Then manually lock the door again and repeat.

Yeah that would be a pain. I guess there’s some safety reason for making the keyless trucks from not being able to reach in and start it without pushing the brake. You’d think that if it was that much of a safety concern that you’d have to push in on the brake to start the keyed trucks, too.

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
You’d think that if it was that much of a safety concern that you’d have to push in on the brake to start the keyed trucks, too.

Probably an anti-theft procedure to ensure the starter was physically inside the vehichle. Makes sense to me.

Amos Moses

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
What I dont like was just informed by dealer my 2019 3500 6.4 hemi with 17436 miles needs a new engine. Guess the hemi tick isn't normal after all. Always drive chevys bought a brand new dodge in January and didnt even last a year. Always used pup 0w40 4 oil changes with 7.50 a quart oil and 93 octane fill up every Saturday morning at same place always allowed engine to warm to 130 degrees before take off . Broke in by book specs. Guess that's what you get for buying a dodge. *************!

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I dont like was just informed by dealer my 2019 3500 6.4 hemi with 17436 miles needs a new engine. Guess the hemi tick isn't normal after all. Always drive chevys bought a brand new dodge in January and didnt even last a year. Always used pup 0w40 4 oil changes with 7.50 a quart oil and 93 octane fill up every Saturday morning at same place always allowed engine to warm to 130 degrees before take off . Broke in by book specs. Guess that's what you get for buying a dodge. *************!

**** happens, man... and it’s not just to one vehicle manufacturer; unfortunately, every manufacturer goes through this. Just be glad you have warranty.

But for the people on here who know this and don’t think a particular brand is **** just because unforeseen circumstances, what exactly is wrong with your motor to where you all the sudden need another one this early into your new pickup?

But I hope you didn’t tell them you been running 93 octane in it while it’s still under warranty. Even though fuel is probably the least likely reason of your engine failure, that’s still a thing they hold against you to get out of paying for your claim.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold

First off - it is a RAM unless it is ~10 years old
A buddy of mine had his EcoBoots replaced at at less than 5k miles - Ford sucks
A buddy of mine had his EcoTec replaced at less than 7K miles - Chevy Sucks

I know it sucks bad when it happens to you, it has happened to me in the past, in a Chevy. But it can happen to anyone in any MFG.

Get it fixed and sell it, or get it fixed and hope it lasts you many miles.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I know it sucks bad when it happens to you, it has happened to me in the past, in a Chevy. But it can happen to anyone in any MFG.

Get it fixed and sell it, or get it fixed and hope it lasts you many miles.

Well said, and thank you. It’s unfortunate when **** happens but **** happens. Especially as vehicles get more and more complex as they are today. Not to mention the fact of robots replacing people on the factory line. Sure, computer-controlled robots try to be consistent but who knows? A software glitch coulda made that particular robot on that particular motor not fully tighten a bolt or two; or probably over tighten it, like they seem to do consistently with the damn factory-installed oil filters.

Njt07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 v8 etorque

isn't this kinda good news? You're warrantied, you're getting a new engine, you're likely getting a loaner, you’re powertrain warranty is likely getting extended.

yes it sucks not having your truck, but I’d consider this good news...

OP
OP
TestPilot57

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

Well the Good News is that (I can almost guarantee) that* has NEVER happened to a GM, Ford, Nissan or Toybota. So if you buy one of those you will almost certainly be safe.

*engine blowing up at 17,436 miles

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Happened to me with a 6-month old 5-series BMW, and yes it sucked, but damn, that was a nice car! But I like my new Ram better!

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing I don’t like is when you put the hvac on auto the heat seems to mainly come out on the floor. I realize heat rises but my feet in my work boots feel like they are on fire.

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing I don’t like is when you put the hvac on auto the heat seems to mainly come out on the floor. I realize heat rises but my feet in my work boots feel like they are on fire.

Then lower your temp down a little cooler. Or just take it off auto. There’s no shame in running your heater/air conditioner in manual mode.

I’m not 100% sure on this but I would think that why it seems like when the HVAC is in auto mode that it directs a lot more of the air down in the foot well compartment is so that it’s not constantly blowing all that warm air directly on you, and if your truck is equipped with the floor ducts under each front seat, your airflow has to be directed down on the floor in order for it to go through those air vents.

Arvid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s just nice to set it and forget it with auto like I do in the summertime