What is the extra, small tube for on the front pipe of the passenger header?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've seen this little tube somewhere before, but I can't find the info. It a small, maybe 3/8", maybe 3" long, tube that goes from the first pipe up to the head on the passenger side.
The boss in the motor that it goes into appears to dead end. The old manifolds had a dead end hole and a hole in the gasket.
The hole in the new gasket isn't in the right place, it's too low. I was afraid that I used the wrong side gasket on the driver's side, but the bolt holes don't line up if I switch sides.
I am putting the metal side of the gasket towards the head as that's the way the old ones were.
So, the questions are, Do I just install the gasket and header and ignore it, put a hole in the correct place in the gasket, or what?
In other news, the Borla exhaust arrived today.:banana-mario:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I've seen this little tube somewhere before, but I can't find the info. It a small, maybe 3/8", maybe 3" long, tube that goes from the first pipe up to the head on the passenger side.
The boss in the motor that it goes into appears to dead end. The old manifolds had a dead end hole and a hole in the gasket.
The hole in the new gasket isn't in the right place, it's too low. I was afraid that I used the wrong side gasket on the driver's side, but the bolt holes don't line up if I switch sides.
I am putting the metal side of the gasket towards the head as that's the way the old ones were.
So, the questions are, Do I just install the gasket and header and ignore it, put a hole in the correct place in the gasket, or what?
In other news, the Borla exhaust arrived today.:banana-mario:
Sounds like you're referring to the older trucks EGR tube,are you sure you have the proper headers.Pictures would help.Want some advice,spring for a set of Remflex 6022 gaskets,once you use them,you'll swear by them,lol

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This isn't mine, but this is the tube I'm referring to. That little, short, small one at the very end of the flange, on the left end of the upper header in the pic.

1703111915993.png

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
This isn't mine, but this is the tube I'm referring to. That little, short, small one at the very end of the flange, on the left end of the upper header in the pic.

View attachment 533800
That's the egr tube for the older 5.7's,decent gaskets will have that hole blocked off.You're truck doesn't have egr,so make sure that hole /tube is blocked off

OP
OP
Racer9

Racer9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK, cool. The gasket doesn't have a hole in it that lines up with that hole, so I'm good.
Thank you again.:happy107:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
OK, cool. The gasket doesn't have a hole in it that lines up with that hole, so I'm good.
Thank you again.:happy107:
Throw those MLS gaskets away,and spring for a set of Remflex gaskets.The Remflexs don't require constant retorquing,and will absorb header flange warp-age/runout way better then any mutli-layer gasket will