What suspension part is making this noise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JS1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Lately my truck has been making a chirping/squeaking noise when going over small bumps in the road, mainly at lower speeds. I think it's coming from the front left wheel area. It sounds like a mix between a loose part wobbling around and a bunch of birds chirping under my fender. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does it's extremely loud and annoying. Any ideas on what suspension part could be the culprit? My truck only has 43,000 miles. I took a recording of the sound (which I found out I can't upload here), so if you think you can help me figure this out PM me and we can figure out how I can get the sound clip to you.

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the same problem and dealership fixed it twice, but the did not let me know what the culrit was.
So i have to drive every time (usually once a year) 70 miles to them and wait the whole morning till they fixed it.
I guess mine is the chassis-body mount bolts who become loose
Try to bring it to the dealership, they probably know the problem
Chris

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My first thought is a worn bushing.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the same issue as well. I actually dropped my truck off at the dealership this morning for an oil change/tire rotation and to have some of the recalls I have open worked on. I told them about the squeaking/chirping issue, so hopefully they can find the issue and fix it. Will let you know if they fix it and what the issue was.

Thale51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, no luck for me today in figuring out what is causing the noise. The tech at the dealership said he drove it and couldn't hear anything, and then drove it again after doing the oil change and tire rotation and still couldn't hear anything. Yet I heard the noise as soon as I pulled out of their parking lot onto the highway and it continued the whole way home. Either they are deaf, or the noise is so slight that they weren't really listening for that kind of noise. He said they checked all of the suspension parts as well as the side step mounts and everything was tight. The only thing he said they couldn't see or get to was the strut mount on top of the front struts. I'm going to see if I can have my wife drive the truck past me and see if I can pinpoint where the noise is coming from. To me, it sounds like it may be coming from the rear, but I could be wrong. If you can post your video to YouTube and then copy and paste the link here, I'd like to compare it to the noise that I'm having and see if it's the same.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat