what's the best lowering kit to buy??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

casper3277

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna lower my 2013 express and I been reading alot about ppl having a wagging issue after using the bell tech 2/4 kit. So my question is what kit to buy that is good with using the stock shocks and that won't have all the wagging problems thanks for any info...

Frank Rizzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Slant 6
The only way you can keep your stock shocks is to get one of the rear leveling kits or the Mc G deluxe kit. both of those kits will have no wagging problems if installed correctly. If the concern is the ride quality, I'll tell you that the Belltech kit rides pretty choppy and harsh over typical big city pavement. Im fed up with mine.
Ground Force makes the lowering kits for the manufacturers. It's the most expensive, but is supposed to have the best ride.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry, but I have to.

McGaughy's

Pronounced Mc-Goy's. Where Goy rhymes with boy.

Mad_Marc

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^ thanks Tyler for expanding my knowledge and vocabulary. After a 14 hour shift I can now pronounce the McGaugys! :word: :winner_third_h4h::party36::pokeowned:

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologized first! :flipthebird:

OP
OP
C

casper3277

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looked up the ground force kit 749.00 at amazon is the cheapest place I found it

The Q

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know everyone has their own expectations of ride quality when lowering their truck! I will tell you in my humble opinion my 2014 Ram Sport R/T rides better on the BellTech 2/4 (964SP) Lowering kit than it did at the stock height. I did "try" the Street Performer front shocks that come with the kit. I like the ride better with the factory front shocks and the Street Performer rear shocks. As a note, if you do install the front Street Performer shocks, remove the bushing inside the dust cover so the shocks won't walk off the lower mounting bracket. I had both front shocks work their way off the lower mounting rubber bushing. BellTech quickly sent me a new set and suggested removing the bushing in the dust cover when I reinstall them. I like the ride of the stock front shocks, so I have yet to try BellTech's suggestion. I found the BellTech 964SP kit at 4x4autoworks.com for $430.94 with free shipping!!!

Frank Rizzo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Slant 6
Looked up the ground force kit 749.00 at amazon is the cheapest place I found it

I could not find it for that price.

The Ground Force 9864 is $849 on Amazon. The Belltech 964SP is $455 on Amazon. Both are free shipping. Both of these are for a Regular Cab.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the belltech 2/4 and kept all stock shocks, rides really good IMO. Better than stock