When to buy new 2020 or 2021 1500 Long Horn.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oak_Grove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Decided to switch my Mom vehicle from a Suburban to a Ram 1500 with Rambox system. My 3 teens/pre-teens are all getting pretty tall, so thinking that I can get my 4 door truck plus give me more storage and them more room than the Suburban!

My husband wants me to order or buy new. Looking at the used pricing, doesn't seem like that awesome of deals for a used 2019. Looking at getting a Crystal Granite with the Night Edition package, RamBoxes, and Sunroof, the Level 2 Equipment Group, and upgrading the engine to at least the HEMI. I would love the Laramie, but will probably get the Big Horn as there seems to be a huge price difference. I can add leather seat covers later.

I realize this year is way crazier. But wondering if I should just wait a few months to get the 2021? We have often flown in to get the best deal on our used vehicles, so I can price shop any dealership. I am also looking into the Costco auto program. I don't need a truck right away, so that is a plus. I am open to any suggestions on getting the best deal.

I've also wondered if I should get the multi-function tailgate..not sure it is worth the $1,000. I also wonder if I would be happy enough with the 8.4 display or if I should get the 8.4 NAV display? I don't think I want to go up to the 12 inch display for the cost. Would love opinions on these! Thanks for reading

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You look like you know what you want, Id buy new too, if it were me. Problem is, they arent building them as fast as they were pre Covid, or if it all, and they have to fill the pipelines. Id wait til closer to fall, you will see new 2020's discounted as 2021's will be around the corner.

OP
OP
O

Oak_Grove

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Graygoose-Yes...I was kinda figuring that waiting a few months would save me money or get me a 2021 for the same price. I would Love the Laramie, but it is so much more expensive!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I bet if we see Covid come back, lots may get more in them, and prices will drop like home interest rates!

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm in the same boat.
Looking for a 2020 - 2021 Bighorn but in 2500.

I keep hearing rumors about some nice upgrades for 2021's so think I'm gonna sit back and see.

I'll likely order simply because if I'm spending that kind of money, it's gotta be dressed the way I want it.

Also like the night edition.