Where to mount an Arb compressor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
Alright so I'm looking for suggestions here for mounting locations for an Arb compressor I plan to install on our '14 Ram 2500 CC. I know there are mounts to mount it to the frame, but I live in the Chicagoland area and one winter underneath the truck and the compressor will be trashed. Ideally I'd like to install it under the hood, though with as much space as there is in the engine bay it looks like it will be tough to find ideal spot to mount it. On my Jeep I've got a bracket bolted to the master cylinder that the Arb compressor mounts to. (see pic)

17612_535542053147675_1664547700_n.jpg

I've tried searching for something similar for the Ram but haven't had much luck. I was hoping Synergy made one but it doesn't appear so. I'm starting to get the feeling that anything I decide to do will need to be custom fabricated.

Any suggestion? Has anyone put a compressor on their truck and where did you end up installing it?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put a Vararam intake on and put it where the stock airbox was... makes tons of room

EDIT: I was looking for a pic of mine but it doesn't show enough to show what I mean....

Last edited:
OP
OP
BlackWidow

BlackWidow

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram
Engine
I am looking at putting one in my Wranglers engine bay...

Funny, I'm actually taking the one out of the engine bay on my Wrangler and put on the Ram and replace the Arb on the Wrangler with the Arb Dual unit under the passenger seat.

I didn't have good luck with it mounted under the hood on my JK. Maybe it was because it was mounted directly over the left exhaust bank that was the problem. Anytime I'd use it for airing up after a day on the trail it would go in to thermal protection and shut down. Other than that the compressor it great.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Funny, I'm actually taking the one out of the engine bay on my Wrangler and put on the Ram and replace the Arb on the Wrangler with the Arb Dual unit under the passenger seat.

I didn't have good luck with it mounted under the hood on my JK. Maybe it was because it was mounted directly over the left exhaust bank that was the problem. Anytime I'd use it for airing up after a day on the trail it would go in to thermal protection and shut down. Other than that the compressor it great.

I deleted my previous post when I noticed you are asking about the 6.4... I don't have experience with those. :)

Re Jeep: Which one do you have that was in your Wrangler's engine bay?? Where you had yours on your Jeep is the only place it would fit... Under the seat is a great option too. I have a 2door and the trunk is already full of audio.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My brother put his in the truck bed. He zip tied it to the Littleton down hook on the bed. That way it can be removed if you need all the bed space

Sent from the fetal position using Tapatalk

jagr200

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or easily stolen.....

Personally I'd put it in place of the stock airbox as mentioned above OR depending on it's profile see if it fits under the driver seat. Another option is a watertight box and mount it under the bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357