Where's your temp gauge running on the V6?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm wondering if I don't have a thermostat that's stuck open on my 2018 truck? It warms up fairly decent, but the heat doesn't really blast you out of the truck like my Dakota did. And the temps around here have been around 40 degrees F. I'm worried that it won't be enough when the middle of winter can be 0 degrees around here. Is this about normal, or should they be pointing straight up?

gage.jpg

Jayc19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
That’s about where my gauge stays at. Mine range like That_Cat_Guy said, can look at the temp readings. It should be in the truck information option, that displays the number readings.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s about where my gauge stays at. Mine range like That_Cat_Guy said, can look at the temp readings. It should be in the truck information option, that displays the number readings.

Oh, I didn't know that. So, one of my info pages should show actual temp. Got it.

Neil E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine runs just under 200 in the winter going up the mountain. In the summer it runs max 228 going up the mountain.

OP
OP
H

Haas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, it appears I'm good. Thanks everyone.

Dave2018

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018,Previous 1998
Engine
3.6L,Previous 5.9L
I'm wondering if I don't have a thermostat that's stuck open on my 2018 truck? It warms up fairly decent, but the heat doesn't really blast you out of the truck like my Dakota did. And the temps around here have been around 40 degrees F. I'm worried that it won't be enough when the middle of winter can be 0 degrees around here. Is this about normal, or should they be pointing straight up?

Your first picture looks like normal to me. Mine's running right there too.