Why i like oil pan heaters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Yup...being familiar with big diesel generators up there (tar sands, gold mines, etc.), they were usually started with oil, coolant and space heaters (batteries + propane heaters). No ether allowed for modern engines - compression ratios too high, and all directly injected, of course. No sure where fuel was sourced - I suspect they knew where how how to get higher cetane than USA junk fuel.

Axle gears and bucket hinge pins in mining / forestry machinery were the worst.

P.S. - the video looked like it was made in the Soviet Union, including the car. Ether start, carbureted, geez. Complete with the history of plastic oil pan manufacture. lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Yup...being familiar with big diesel generators up there (tar sands, gold mines, etc.), they were usually started with oil, coolant and space heaters (batteries + propane heaters). No ether allowed for modern engines - compression ratios too high, and all directly injected, of course. No sure where fuel was sourced - I suspect they knew where how how to get higher cetane than USA junk fuel.

Axle gears and bucket hinge pins in mining / forestry machinery were the worst.

P.S. - the video looked like it was made in the Soviet Union, including the car. Ether start, carbureted, geez. Complete with the history of plastic oil pan manufacture. lol
Leaf springs were another weak point once the temp gets down below -40.Bouncing down cut lines was always good for breaking a leaf spring or 2 once they got brittle in the cold.If you ran a Diesal out of fuel,it was a panic to get it running again,before it wouldn't start

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Leaf springs were another weak point once the temp gets down below -40.Bouncing down cut lines was always good for breaking a leaf spring or 2 once they got brittle in the cold.If you ran a Diesal out of fuel,it was a panic to get it running again,before it wouldn't start

Remember waxing fuel filters? Man, I don't miss those days.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Pour Points matter, real cool vid rick.

Those eastern block garages are pretty cool on the internet, glad they have fixed the language thing on this one.