Wifi App is 3G as good as it gets?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram Longhorn All Options
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
I just don't know if Sprint is that bad where I am or Dodge was so cheap that it wouldn't put an adapter that could pick up 4G or LTE.

Anyone that has the onboard WIFI get better than 3g?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
3G is all it's capable of. I'll use my phone if the need arises.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...

OP
OP
ncaabbref

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Welcome to 2010...thanks Chrysler....

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I guess they were going on the fact that 3g is the only speed you can get everywhere. Besides, if you got everything now why would you need to upgrade your truck? All the phone carriers are selling wifi hit spot devices that are portable that have the faster speeds. I went on a long trip and someone brought one for AT&T that worked like a charm. If I'm not mistaken you can even purchase temporary service for it like in the truck.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
ncaabbref

ncaabbref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 8 sp Auto
Glad I only bought a month. Looks like I will go shop for a Hotspot from AT&T tomorrow.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can you use your phone as a hot spot? I know I can tether mine and make it a hot spot.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I don't know that every carrier has that available. I had it free with my old jail broken iPhone but now I have the galaxy although now I have t-mobile and they offer tethering. They're slick though... I have unlimited data but if you tether they give you a 5gb limit. I guess they don't want you streaming. My wife uses the mobile hot spot on her phone but she always has a problem with it. We didn't have a problem with the AT&T one though. Plus their service isn't as spoty on the road because they have more towers and have priority over tower renters since they own the tower.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
The fact they partnered with Sprint is all about cost not quality. If they wanted to make it the best for the most amount of buyers we know who they would have chose. Verizon has more 4G LTE than anyone and AT&T would be okay as a second but going with such a small provider makes littler sense to me since they often don't cover anywhere off the highway and if you are going to market to the working man including farmers why put service that is metro mostly that is insane.

$miley

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Because Sprint offered them the cheapest solution. They have unlimited data packages, but their speed sucks ****. 3G sprint speed around me is worse than dial up. Most of the time I get no data. So, by all mean, take all you want, so long as you're taking from the empty bowl.