Wind noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BRFiel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram Limited.
When driving into a 20 or 25 mph wind and driving 70 mph or a little more there is a "wooo" sound that appears to come below the floor under the center consul. Doesn't do it unless driving into the wind. Wondered if anyone else had this "goblin".
Thanks for input, Bob

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
When driving into a 20 or 25 mph wind and driving 70 mph or a little more there is a "wooo" sound that appears to come below the floor under the center consul. Doesn't do it unless driving into the wind. Wondered if anyone else had this "goblin".
Thanks for input, Bob
I seem to have a problem just like yours but mine sounds like its coming from floor storage bins. A lot of noise from the rear of the cab area. Mines a 20 DT(new body)

Blue Mule

Danes

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for input, Bob

Mine comes from the bend in the front driver or passenger side windows. Also at highway speeds driving into wind or dealing with crosswinds. Very weird and highly annoying for a brand new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Deanno33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also have an annoying wind noise on my 2020 Laramie. It's at the back upper corner of the drivers side window...right next to my ear as driving. Its faint at 40-50 mph then increase in sound the fast you travel. At 70 it's pretty annoying. Gets worse with a crosswind but it's there all the time regardless of wind.

They replaced a piece of outer window molding, adjusted the door alignment a couple times and replaced the door seal on mine. No luck with anything. I'm bringing it back in tomorrow to leave it for a couple days while the Chrysler engineer is there. Hoping if they have it for a length of time they can really dig into it.

Wondering if anyone else has this and found a cure?

dean

RAMLARAMIE

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram Laramie Crew
Engine
5.7L V8
I also have an annoying wind noise on my 2020 Laramie. It's at the back upper corner of the drivers side window...right next to my ear as driving. Its faint at 40-50 mph then increase in sound the fast you travel. At 70 it's pretty annoying. Gets worse with a crosswind but it's there all the time regardless of wind.

They replaced a piece of outer window molding, adjusted the door alignment a couple times and replaced the door seal on mine. No luck with anything. I'm bringing it back in tomorrow to leave it for a couple days while the Chrysler engineer is there. Hoping if they have it for a length of time they can really dig into it.

Wondering if anyone else has this and found a cure?

dean
Dean, did you ever get the wind noise fixed? I am dealing with the exact issue. If you could shed some light if you have any that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deanno33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dean, did you ever get the wind noise fixed? I am dealing with the exact issue. If you could shed some light if you have any that would be great!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hello
Unfortunately, no. I have spent WAY too much time at the dealership and thee has been no difference in wind noise. I will try again with another dealer some day. but last time I tried that, they wouldn't look at my truck since the original dealer had worked on it so much already. Kinda gave up...which is Im sure what they wanted.