Window Tint: "Kavaca IR Ceramic Carbon Color" By Ceramic Pro; Anyone Installed This?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I have a history of skin cancer including the dangerous melanoma skin cancer. So, I got a certificate from the Arizona DOT which now permits me to have darker tint on the driver and passenger windows. So, I have begun to look around to find which tint would be right for me. In the below Ceramic Pro video it is said that they intorduced a new Kavaca IR Ceramic Carbon Color Window Tint which blocks all UVA & UVB radiation, as well as 90% of Infra red heat.

Has anyone here have anything to report about your experience with this new Cermaic Pro tint?

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I am definitely curious as well. I also run a high risk of skin cancer. I have noticed a few spots on my arms so I have also been looking into what I can do to better protect my skin.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I am definitely curious as well. I also run a high risk of skin cancer. I have noticed a few spots on my arms so I have also been looking into what I can do to better protect my skin.
The melanoma skin cancer is the trickiest of them all because they can be near black or all the way to almost clear. There's a lot of information about melanoma online, so be sure to take a look at that if you haven't already. And, if you have good insurance and/ or can afford it, visit a dermatologist. Don't just pick one out of the phone book. Go to healthgrades.com and see which docs in your area have the highest feedback score, credentials, peer reviews. Cause you don't want to take any chances. I had a dermatologist miss some melanoma on my face. He did not have it biopsied, but froze it, and it came back with a vengeance. Then when I returned with it I had to persuade him to remove the lesion and it was just by luck of the draw that he then did have it biopsied. Little wonder then that I now have a new dermatologist.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The melanoma skin cancer is the trickiest of them all because they can be near black or all the way to almost clear. There's a lot of information about melanoma online, so be sure to take a look at that if you haven't already. And, if you have good insurance and/ or can afford it, visit a dermatologist. Don't just pick one out of the phone book. Go to healthgrades.com and see which docs in your area have the highest feedback score, credentials, peer reviews. Cause you don't want to take any chances. I had a dermatologist miss some melanoma on my face. He did not have it biopsied, but froze it, and it came back with a vengeance. Then when I returned with it I had to persuade him to remove the lesion and it was just by luck of the draw that he then did have it biopsied. Little wonder then that I now have a new dermatologist.
Thanks for the info. I just started looking. My grandpa and dad both have had several spots over the years. My dad had a stage 2 removed off his face when he was my age. When you are younger, you dont really think about your skin. I work outside so I am exposed to the sun. I wear a hat and try to wear a collard shirt. Short sleeves and shorts are a must in the summer time here.

OP
OP
Goose55

Goose55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins High Output 6.7L
I have a history of skin cancer including the dangerous melanoma skin cancer. So, I got a certificate from the Arizona DOT which now permits me to have darker tint on the driver and passenger windows. So, I have begun to look around to find which tint would be right for me. In the below Ceramic Pro video it is said that they intorduced a new Kavaca IR Ceramic Carbon Color Window Tint which blocks all UVA & UVB radiation, as well as 90% of Infra red heat.

Has anyone here have anything to report about your experience with this new Cermaic Pro tint?

So, has anyone here had any experience with this "Kavaca IR Ceramic Carbon Color Window Tint?"

brian42

Military
Reaction score
4 months later and I'm assuming the answer is "no".

This thread is the first time I've heard of Kavaca.

Any high end (e.g. ceramic) tint is going to have those same properties so Kavaca doesn't have the market cornered for UVA/UVB and IR shielding.

I would go with a well-known brand like 3M or Llumar (made by Eastman Kodak), especially if cancer was a concern for me.

If price was a concern I would visit some well-reviewed local shops, see what they're using, and pick the one that fits my budget.

Just my .02

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963