Windows open somehow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Used the the key fob to lock the truck. Returned a couple hours later to find both front windows open equally about 6 inches, doors still locked. How could this happen???

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Used the the key fob to lock the truck. Returned a couple hours later to find both front windows open equally about 6 inches, doors still locked. How could this happen???
I believe before 2011 you could use the key fob (double press or long press, not sure) to make windows down to air out the cabin. That feature was removed on newer models.
http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=53303

OP
OP
W

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wife's '14Accord does that two-button-push window trick, so I tried it with the truck thinking I may have sat on the key fob in my back pocket. It doesn't work.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Works on mine too (2011). I think you have to unlock the truck first, then double press, and hold though. Maybe you hit the lock button again after?

OP
OP
W

weldguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup. That was it. Need to press UNLOCK, then press and hold UNLOCK and the windows will open. I must have been fumbling with it in the rain trying to get my 5 and 3 year old grandsons out.
Thanks guys.