Windshield washer pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SGTGunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey yall. Yesterday I brought home my 5th Ram. This one is a Black 2009 Quad Cab 2wd with the 4.7. Not as "fun" as my others were but I was after practicality this time.

Anyways, the windshield washer pump is out, or so I'm assuming. It's full of fluid and all the fuses look good as far as I can tell. I cant find the pump on Rockauto or the Mopar Parts websites. Autozone just shows universal pumps.
So it looks like I'll be shelling out what ever the dealer wants for one. My question is where is the pump located? Before I buy one I'd like to be able to look at it and make sure the connections are good. I'm assuming it's on or near the reservoir?? Cant see much in that area with out removing junk so wanted to ask before I go digging too much.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I just changed one a few weeks ago on my 07 truck. It was on bottom of washer fluid tank towards the engine side. Easy ten minute fix. Just got the one from autozone and it worked perfectly. I just looked at my 12 model truck and it looks like it is on the bottom of that tank also. Your 09 ought to be like my 12 even though mine has the hemi. I'd bet they are the same. Just pull the radiator cover plastic dumaflucky off (it only has plastic push pins holding it) and look down at the bottom of the tank. Mine has a yellow plug on it. Good luck. If you can take a pic of it and then compare that to the one from autozone that should tell you if it will work.

OP
OP
S

SGTGunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cool thanks. I'll take a look again tomorrow.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat