Yukon Dura Grip Limited Slip Reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woodshop28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone had the Yukon Dura Grip limited slip gears installed on their rigs? Looking for some real-world reviews. Mine seems to have a normal than longer "break-in" period.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some description of the symptoms you’re experiencing would help.
Agreed.......what exactly is going on? Not familiar with a "break in" period for a posi unit. There is a break in period for new ring and pinion gears, but don't think I have ever heard of a break in required for the posi??? Looked around the website and spent a few minutes searching the web and did not find any topic about this. Not saying I am a diff master or anything, but have rebuilt and worked on many over the last 30 years (including an Eaton Posi which is very similar to the Yukon) and just don't remember seeing anything about this.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Take your cover off and double check everything. Check your Back Lash, run a pattern and check your pinion preload.

You should've gone with a TrueTrac ;)

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
Take your cover off and double check everything. Check your Back Lash, run a pattern and check your pinion preload.

You should've gone with a TrueTrac ;)
I expect the OP doesn’t have those skills or tools and paid a shop.

Speculation #2 it’s not right and the shop is kicking the can down the road with the old “just give it more time to get broken in” ploy. Hoping he forgets it used to drive better.

I agree I’d never put a clutch type LSD behind a Cummins.

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
OP- just a recommendation, in the future rather than start a new thread about a preexisting issue, update the original thread. I just read your previous post.

Any rear end that’s making noise after a few miles is not right. You don’t have a break in issue, you have a shop messed up the job issue.

Of course it’s possible there’s an underlying problem like a bent housing.