Debadge?

whats your taste?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
PBR, Lucky Strikes and white socks/ brylcreem hair. You is a redneck.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I don't debadge my RAM. At one point I considered replacing the grill with aftermarket mesh one, but that would make my truck look like Tundra or F150. Why would I want that?
What’s wrong with Tundras upload_2021-2-23_20-18-35.jpeg

Socalramfan

Supporting Member
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Big Horn
Engine
It's great that we can all make our Rams as we like.

I've seen great examples of both styles. For mine, I'm staying badged and chromed with this one. :waytogo:

I'm just curious with a previous comment about badges and being a sheep. If everyone has a de-badged Ram ..... then doesn't that make a de-badged Ram owner the new sheep? :emotions33:

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's great that we can all make our Rams as we like.

I've seen great examples of both styles. For mine, I'm staying badged and chromed with this one. :waytogo:

I'm just curious with a previous comment about badges and being a sheep. If everyone has a de-badged Ram ..... then doesn't that make a de-badged Ram owner the new sheep? :emotions33:
thats what i said...then theres no diff.

Mercruth

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 liter
I disagree on both de badging and dealer stickers. I used to do hot rods but have moved to classic (not too old just what I prefer) 2 gen Ram truck. Always liked the elegant lines while still looking tough. But my point is for those of us who don’t buy brand new, I’ve always wondered about the history of my vehicle, how many owners, where was it sold originally, has it been modified? True you now have carfox to help track down history but still.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I disagree on both de badging and dealer stickers. I used to do hot rods but have moved to classic (not too old just what I prefer) 2 gen Ram truck. Always liked the elegant lines while still looking tough. But my point is for those of us who don’t buy brand new, I’ve always wondered about the history of my vehicle, how many owners, where was it sold originally, has it been modified? True you now have carfox to help track down history but still.

The dealer tag was the first thing removed.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I first got the truck I had not considered debadging. Between the big ram and the 1500 logos right next to the hemi badge, it seemed way too much for the area. About the time I got the truck they had a night edition, or something similarly named, that ram didn’t put the ram or 1500 on the door. It looked clean and I liked it, so I removed them from my truck for a similar look. While I was at it I also removed the hemi badge. I then had someone ask me without the hemi badge how will people know you have one. I replied when I mash the pedal to the floor they will know. I eventually ended up back on the tailgate and removed all the badging I could back there as well. The big rams head logo in the tailgate can’t be removed completely with body work to make it look good, so I replaced it with a nice blacked out billet badge from billet badges dot com. Looks much better. It’s funny how when the manufacturers didn’t put much badging on people added some. Now they put way too many on and some of us take them off. LOL

I personally think the truck looks cleaner without the badges taking away from the truck. Some people prefer the badges. Whatever works for each person is what they should do. As long as you’re happy with what you’ve got is all that matters. I did it so I am happy with the way the truck looks. I’m not concerned if it’s not advertising the engine I’ve got, the trim level or that it’s 4wd. If I mash the pedal to the floor there is no doubt the engine I have. No one doubts that it’s 4wd with it being leveled and a nice AT tires on it. I normally drive my vehicles for a long time so I’m not worried what people think when trying to sell it. I’m just concerned with if I’m happy with the way it looks. If you like the badges then keep them and enjoy your truck the way you like it and don’t be concerned with what others think of it. After all you’re the one paying for it with your hard earned cash, not the guy next door or the stranger on the street or internet.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I did it because with all the weight of the badges I removed and the added aerodynamics, I get at least two more MPGs......... ;)

And here i was going to add a redeye to the sides and back to see if mine went faster. Already have 900hp in my diesel I use for racing. What ya think?

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I first got the truck I had not considered debadging. Between the big ram and the 1500 logos right next to the hemi badge, it seemed way too much for the area. About the time I got the truck they had a night edition, or something similarly named, that ram didn’t put the ram or 1500 on the door. It looked clean and I liked it, so I removed them from my truck for a similar look. While I was at it I also removed the hemi badge. I then had someone ask me without the hemi badge how will people know you have one. I replied when I mash the pedal to the floor they will know. I eventually ended up back on the tailgate and removed all the badging I could back there as well. The big rams head logo in the tailgate can’t be removed completely with body work to make it look good, so I replaced it with a nice blacked out billet badge from billet badges dot com. Looks much better. It’s funny how when the manufacturers didn’t put much badging on people added some. Now they put way too many on and some of us take them off. LOL

I personally think the truck looks cleaner without the badges taking away from the truck. Some people prefer the badges. Whatever works for each person is what they should do. As long as you’re happy with what you’ve got is all that matters. I did it so I am happy with the way the truck looks. I’m not concerned if it’s not advertising the engine I’ve got, the trim level or that it’s 4wd. If I mash the pedal to the floor there is no doubt the engine I have. No one doubts that it’s 4wd with it being leveled and a nice AT tires on it. I normally drive my vehicles for a long time so I’m not worried what people think when trying to sell it. I’m just concerned with if I’m happy with the way it looks. If you like the badges then keep them and enjoy your truck the way you like it and don’t be concerned with what others think of it. After all you’re the one paying for it with your hard earned cash, not the guy next door or the stranger on the street or internet.
AMEN BROTHER! to each his own. my original question was i didnt know this was a thing and was curious as to why. i like badges, i think they add to the apperence. my personal pref only. i do enjoy a friendly discussion on these topics though.

OP
OP
chris1126

chris1126

RAMINA
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you can find most info on carfax but the concern i always had, how was it ran? balls to wall from start to finish? or taken care of?

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
And here i was going to add a redeye to the sides and back to see if mine went faster. Already have 900hp in my diesel I use for racing. What ya think?

Don't do it man! Follow the science! :D