The unwanted step child car.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M60A3 Driver

M60A3 Driver

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I always wanted Crossfire, but I never had any spare cash or room for such an impractical vehicle. If I had been a little younger....
I wonder if you have to get special tools to work on it? I have a friend who is a Mercedes mechanic and he says every model has at least one special tool. The only special tool I ever bought was a set of Whitworth wrenches for an old BSA motorcycle.
No high dollar special tools. Basically metrics and Torx. I did get an articulating spark plug socket and a spark plug boot puller, just to make life easier.

OP
OP
M60A3 Driver

M60A3 Driver

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
I listened to a pod cast with her a little while back, and she was talking about a time when she was 14 and pretty much a roadie at the time & travelling all over the place.

She was at a concert where the lead singer of The Animals (Eric Burden) invited her to his hotel room after the show and all but forced himself on her... she bolted out of the room and carried on with her roadie tour, just a different band... and then she ended that convo.

What a life she has led, no doubt!

Hell, my Mom was a hippie and went to Woodstock when she was 16.
She hitchhiked from one end of Canada and back including the territories, twice, and half the USA as well. A nomadic gypsy my Mom was!

I hope she writes her memoirs one day before it's too late.
She's told me some crazy stories of her travels back then...........
She is without her shirt on the cover of Tom Waits album "Small Change". I had to write it that way because of censorship.
Really? WTH?

OP
OP
M60A3 Driver

M60A3 Driver

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Used to call it the Chrysler Misfire! I didn't like it then, my opinion hasn't changed. Unfriendly to work on.
You have your opinion, I have mine.
As far as working on them, you must not work on cars to well. It's pretty easy to me.

OP
OP
M60A3 Driver

M60A3 Driver

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
My son has a Crossfire and is quite happy with it. It's his summer car and he bought it used several years ago. We have done a few things which one would expect with over 70,000 miles. No problem getting Mercedes parts and so far no special tools needed. It wasn't hard to work on, not really different from most rwd cars. It has the 6 speed manual transmission and the engine runs really smooth. He has a wife and 4 children so yes it's a little impractical but it's great for going back and forth to work. There is a following and they do have meets. Pretty sure there is FB group if the OP is interested.
I'm a member of that group and there is a great forum website as well. I love working on my car. I've just been catching up on the maintenance items.
It's a fun reliable car. I enjoy driving it and it turns heads.

Hagar1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have your opinion, I have mine.
As far as working on them, you must not work on cars to well. It's pretty easy to me.
I worked on them enough to know that I didn't want one, and certainly do not want to work on them but then again, I do not like European cars to start with.
Now that Chrysler is sold out to Stellantis, I just might find myself going over to the dark side. I once had a Ford Ranger and while it didn't have anything that resembled real power with that 4.0 V6, but you couldn't hear it clacking down the street from a half mile away.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I worked on them enough to know that I didn't want one, and certainly do not want to work on them but then again, I do not like European cars to start with.
Now that Chrysler is sold out to Stellantis, I just might find myself going over to the dark side. I once had a Ford Ranger and while it didn't have anything that resembled real power with that 4.0 V6, but you couldn't hear it clacking down the street from a half mile away.
The V6 was never a good engine. The 2.3 on the other hand especially with a 5 spd ran forever. I had three 90s models in my younger years. Great DD vehicles. My first one I sold with 130k and the kid that bought it from me ran it well over another 100k with no issues. The previous owner my cousin had a minor wreck and destroyed the oil filter. He let it run low on oil for 15-20 minutes and it didn't hurt it. This was my last one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 6.06.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-16 at 6.06.40 AM.png
    1,024 KB · Views: 3