Condensation in headlights and turn signals..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hmmmm you hit the nail on the head there....the local dealer told me not be concerned about it, and that if the problem persists, or comes back to stop by and they would have a look at it. I am a bit concerned though, with moisture getting in around the bulbs won't this possibly cause shorting out issues?

Likely it'll dry out before anything happens. The housings are vented afterall.

Or it'll ruin the chroming on the lenses and make everything look like total cheap ****. I'd demand a replacement personally.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
no issues with mine that ive seen, but last time I was in the dealership a guy went in for this issue and they told him according to dodge if it goes away after having the high beams on for about 10 minutes its normal, if it doesn't go away they will do something about it

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I can't remember if I stated this but in my foglight I replaced the lens that I had melted and still had moisture in new one and it ended up being part of the oring that goes around base was ripped.

$miley

OttRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well add another truck to this list. My 2013 Sport recently started having this issue (well, I only started noticing it anyways). The entire LED bottom half on both lights. This is the 2nd night it's happened (both times it's been warmer during the day and cools off fast at night). Took some pics, will call the dealer this week and seek to get them replaced. I also have my lights covered with Clearshield so want that on the new lights also.
Will post updates.

dobeluvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From the factory service manual, Section 8 exterior lighting unit standard procecure.

If the condensation/fogging is still present after 20 minutes with the lamps operating, or the lamp has large amounts of water droplets visible on most internal surfaces, this indicates a problem with the lamp sealing that has allowed water to enter the lamp. In this instance, the customer is also likely to report that moisture in the lamp is always present and never disappears. A lamp that exhibits condensation/fogging after 20 minutes with the lamps operating, or that has been reported by the customer to have permanent internal moisture, should be replaced."

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Just take off the back covers and dump in some water. Go to dealer and say see this water? They leaking. LOL.

kyleb8077

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Rebel
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have the same problem and the dealership just ordered me a new set of headlights. They said they had seen a few trucks with this. The only problem is that everybody and their grandma wants the 2013 projector headlights and it will be a while before they come in. At least they are replacing them!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Suddenly my feabile '12 quad headlights don't seem so awful at all.

OttRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd still prefer my moisture filled 2013 lights over my 2011 quads haha.

I actually got a response from the dealer about a tsb for this problem. Apparently you just remove the lights and adjust the filters on the breathing plugs so that there is proper gaping. They sent me an email of one showing how to do it on an LX since none was made for the RAM yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Interesting........

I've pulled a few of these apart (LOL) and taken a nice look at the plugs there. The way they should work.....really shouldn't need to gap them - but hey, if it works, it works! Pop that doc up here so others can see the instructions. ;)

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
well that looks easy enough, and makes sense really. Lights need to breathe.........

Thanks for sharing OttRob

OttRob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope it helps! I'll post my results once I try it. Might be a while though since in these low temps that plastic cracks easy pulling the lights out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk