Airlift 5000 vs 5000 ultimate vs 1000

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crawgator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I installed the Airlift 5000 on a 2005 Z71 and loved them. I didn't have the on board air compressor, I didn't feel I needed it. I ran 15lbs of air in them while not pulling my boat. When pulling, I ran about 50lbs. I could load the bed up with ice chest, gear, camp supplies and pull my 22.5' bay boat. The truck would only squat about 1.5"s. Well worth it. It made the ride a little bouncier when hitting bumps, but like I said, well worth it when hauling..

cuttymcgavin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry admins to resurrect an old thread but did you get the 75 dollar install at a shop? Trying to figure out if I should go with 5000 just dont want to cut the bumper off myself.

There is an install video on the 4th gen ram on youtube. Check it out, i dont believe you need to cut or gring anything. The rubber bumbers are usually held on with two bolts. Airlift website says no cutting, drilling etc..