I need to pick up 4000lbs of tile.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
The op has not posted since his initial. I wonder what he ended up doing?

One time, many years ago i hauled 2300 lb of sand in an 1989 chevy k1500 4x4 from a quarry back to my house, about 3 miles or so. I had installed one ton rear springs in it prior.

It handled the load ok, it wasn't on the bump stops with the one ton springs, but it sure wasn't fun. I went very slow the whole way and it still took a lot of brake to slow it down.

I was worried about bending an axle shaft or snapping off lug studs but made it with no damage. That was a one time deal. Made 2 trips, the second was about 1800 lbs if i remember correctly. My brother also hauled some for me in his 1990 2500 series chevy. We got it done, but again, not much fun.

Last edited:

socalledchad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wouldn't advise...but put pallet of hardwood in thr bed and drove 40 miles on the freeway..didnt check the weight When loading ..but it was heavy . So i took it easy 60 65 on the freeway a little sway but not bad...made it to the job no issue . when I was unloading it one box at a time I found the shipping sticker in between the boxes...2700 lbs..oppsie

Never dreamed it would be that heavy no way would I have did that..but..i did

13 1500 5.7 with air lift 1000 And they didn't blow

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I am not one to ever rent a truck when i own one. I payed for it so i will use it. Even if it takes extra trips. Some people need trucks that dont have them. They can rent. I say work your truck as it should be. Take the extra trips and get it done. Trucks are a commodity to most so Take advantage of it.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
You can rent the Ford or Chevy from home depot, it can do the job a ram should be able to.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
Consider it a reality check, not bashing ram. Stating the truth, you can rent a ford or Chevy at the home improvement store or even uhaul rents them. When do you see a ram for rent as a work truck? Hell you could even rent a van.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Sorry, your right. If Home Depot, lows and other rental sevices dont use a certain brand than that brand must not be any good. Ill call the local rail road, our u-hual, and our power company and tell them to return their rams.

Im moving on now. I remember how arguments go with danno.