Fifth Wheel Camper Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DadGumItJimBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Hello All,

I'm new here and need some advice.

I am looking at a new 5th Wheel Camper and my current truck is a 2005 2500 Diesel Short Bed 4X4.

Following are the specs on the camper:

Dry Weight - 10260 lbs
Hitch Weight - 1750 Lbs
Loaded - 12260 lbs

From what I have read this would be at the top of my tow limit. Do any of you have a similar setup? If so, are you satisfied with how it tows.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Detox

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In my opinion if your towing just now and then your truck would be fine. Only thing you would want to look at is maybe getting a set of air bags to help with the load.

At work we have a 2005 of the same specs and when we load it with our equipment on off days (12500lbs) it tow's just fine. Saying that, our 3500 dually that we normally pull with feels a lot better in my opinion with the weight.

rjkfsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Being that your truck is a short bed, you need to make sure that the front of the camper doesn't hit the back of the cab while turning. Otherwise, do keep in mind that published tow capacities are conservative. The truck is physically capable of pulling a lot more than that, just not legally.

RK