Winter storm impacting shipping 12/3-12/6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
WINTER FINALLY DECIDED TO SHOW UP IN COLORADO!

As I type this out, our warehouse in CO is seeing 6* outside and tons of the white stuff falling. Lows overnight will reach -15* (yes that's a negative) making this some record breaking weather for us here.

FedEx has already made an announcement that many shipments all over the US will be delayed in the next few days. Typically with weather this severe we see delays in inbound raw materials for product as well which can slow a few things down for us.

The biggest impact will be freezing/frozen products in transit. We do our very best to prevent this by not shipping orders on Fridays unless necessary. Why do we do this?

An order picked up by FedEx on Friday will sit in a trailer at the hub over the weekend, meaning its exposed to the freezing temps and the contents inside freeze. Orders shipped Monday thru Thursday continue to move and are in and out of hub facilities even when the weather outside is bad. Please be patient if your shipment is delayed a day or 2, we are doing this to make sure you receive product in the best shape possible.

A couple of things you can do to prevent freezing -

• 2nd day and next day shipments will never be 'sitting' so if you don't mind paying a few extra $$ for the express options do so.
  • Be there to take delivery. If you won't be home, have it sent to your office or somewhere a person can bring it indoors (if you live in a cold climate).

What if your order is frozen when it arrives? Most products are fine if they are slushy, just let them thaw back to room temperature gradually (don't heat them). After they've thawed shake them well and visually inspect for issues. Car Wash for example will have visual separations in the chemical if its beyond saving. if you have any questions just call.

As always we provide warranty on any item that is damaged in transit so if you feel your order is impacted and needs to be replaced call our customer service and we'll be happy to help! (866)965-0400

hemirey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ref: Order #235096

Order was placed on 11/30 and I just received it about noon today at work. Brought it home after 5 and when I opened the package, the gallon detail spray is solid ice and starting to thaw. The gallon VRT - it is wet outside and could not tell if it froze. The in & out spray (2 cans) - I can only tell later if all the contents will spray out before it loses pressure.

What is the normal shelf life of these products?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Shelf life on them is 2 years in most cases, but I have DS that's older than that and works just fine. I bought a 5 gallon container of it! lol DS (detail spray) can freeze and thaw and a good shaking will mix the contents.

SVRT is water based and it too can be shaken to mix back up if it's split.

If for some reason you have any issues, get with Nick and he'll make it right. Adams doesn't mess around when it comes to keeping customers happy.

Test the I&O today and see if it sprays.

Chris

OP
OP
AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Ref: Order #235096

Order was placed on 11/30 and I just received it about noon today at work. Brought it home after 5 and when I opened the package, the gallon detail spray is solid ice and starting to thaw. The gallon VRT - it is wet outside and could not tell if it froze. The in & out spray (2 cans) - I can only tell later if all the contents will spray out before it loses pressure.

What is the normal shelf life of these products?

Sorry about the trouble with your shipment. The cold weather is really putting a hurt on some of our shipments right now, even with us holding up some shipments due to the extreme cold that most of the country is dealing with right now.

Best bet is to let things thaw back out naturally without any additional heating. Once thawed out, give them a good shake and everything should be fine.

If you see any visual separation of the products that can't be remedied by shaking, or if you use them and they exhibit any unusual characteristics, let me know and I'll get you taken care of.

As Chewy mentioned, shelf life is usually around 2 years for the sprayable products and longer for the pourable stuff like polishes and SVRT.

hemirey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the assurance. I can't believe it is still frozen when I checked it this morning. I am located at Central California.