Any suggestions for an oversized cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramjunkie17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am wanting to rebuild my 318 and cam it but idk where to look to get one mopar website only goes to 01 and jegs is a gm and ford kinda place need help.
And also should i keep stock pistons or bore it out and oversize pistons as well and i am also doing a carb swap to hopefully get rid of my rich fuel and missing problem.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
personally i think you just need to fix your truck and keep the fuel injection. it almost sounds like your o2 sensor might be bad if it running rich which is a common thing with the magnum engines. the o2 sensors get fouled up after the plenum gasket on the bottom of the intake starts leaking and the engine starts burning oil. you may want to pull the o2 sensor and check it out. i bet yours is way past it's life expectancy anyway. your suppose to replace those every 82,500 miles. now if you do replace it you should use NTK brand o2 sensor since those are what these trucks like and came from the factory with. if they are too expensive locally you could check out rockauto. they are only $30 plus shipping and you could save 5% with discount code 141714509024656 in the "How Did You Hear About Us?" box.