2012 2500 transmission problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 2500 4x4 CC with the Hemi and 6 speed tranny.
Now have 8400 miles on it. I love the truck but, it always seems the tranny is in the wrong gear? in 2nd when it should be in 1st in 6th when it should be in 4th etc. i know im sure its for the fuel economy. but i havent gotten used to it. always seem to have to give it more gas for it to down shift into the right gear.
Is this normal ????? It seems to be always searching for the right gear.

I also snow plow in the winter and i have a sander in the bed. when loaded with salt and the plow is on it just seems like it doesnt want to go, well it goes but again in the wrong gear and with the added weight it makes it seem worse. Even in tow haul mode its the same just holds the gear longer

Now unloaded it goes much better but still its always like 1 or 2 gears up to high.
I just can't get used to it at all It is making me dislike it more.
Thoughts? Thanks

OP
OP
M

maleko

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 2500hd bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bump.. Anyone?

(S.M.R) 101

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
5.7L HEMI
One of the down falls to us 2500 guys, these trucks seem to hunt for gears more than we are use to especially when under load. Being up in NY/PA the roads are very up and down my truck hunts for gears as well.