2 inch level and 37s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
@RAM-Designs

NICE deal. What was the OTD price? I'm seriously thinking of moving up to 37s. Let us know what kinda mileage you get after a tank or 2.

I'm running 3.73s and 295/65r20s and right now I'm evic is telling me 11.4 - 12.0. I have no tuner or anything to correct for tire size. I don't think it would be a huge difference for me to 37s. According to Nitto's website, the tire size I'm running is a 35.47" tire and the 37s are 36.77."

Whatever you do, post pics!

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
@RAM-Designs

NICE deal. What was the OTD price? I'm seriously thinking of moving up to 37s. Let us know what kinda mileage you get after a tank or 2.

I'm running 3.73s and 295/65r20s and right now I'm evic is telling me 11.4 - 12.0. I have no tuner or anything to correct for tire size. I don't think it would be a huge difference for me to 37s. According to Nitto's website, the tire size I'm running is a 35.47" tire and the 37s are 36.77."

Whatever you do, post pics!

If you want numbers that are anywhere near accurate you need to hand calculate your fuel mileage. The EVIC isn't reliable even on a completely stock truck. If you've changed the tire size or made any kind of modification then it really can't be trusted.

Hand calculating taking into account the difference in tire size is the only way to get the numbers in your situation.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Got the 37" terra grappler g2 tires on, got my wheel well plastic trimmed up a little (this was VERY easy with some wire snips), and I am one happy customer. The tires are about .25" from the pinch weld at the closest point during a turn.

Attachments

• IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 202

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Great looking truck. Those tires look right at home!

It's funny that your tires are just now looking proportional to your truck. When I look at my truck from across the parking lot, I think, "damn the tires look so small." Of course 35" tires are not small... but damn, the wheel wells on these trucks make it look as if 37s are the right tire to fill them.....

Sometimes I even consider taking off my 3/1 lift so the 35s look more proportional to the truck.... wrestling with the idea right now of going 37s or losing my lift...

One saves money but no "grin" factor, the other empties my pockets and continues to empty them every month but will have me grinning ear-to-ear everytime I look at my truck!

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got the 37" terra grappler g2 tires on, got my wheel well plastic trimmed up a little (this was VERY easy with some wire snips), and I am one happy customer. The tires are about .25" from the pinch weld at the closest point during a turn.

Your truck looks great. For anyone wondering, this is what a factory Ram 2" Hemi lift looks like on a standard 2500.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
^Yep, I bought the factory PW suspension from him and followed his advice with the trimming and it was easy peasy. Even did it with the tires mounted and without removing the wheel well lining...at night...with a little flashlight in my mouth. Still only took maybe an hour and you never even notice it. I highly recommend this setup for guys wanting 37's but maybe not being able to do a pricey lift kit.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
With these 18x9.5 +18 wheels, the tire sticks out maybe 2" at the furthest point from the truck. Really debating on doing some color matching PW flares to make it look better.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
The tires are about .25" from the pinch weld at the closest point during a turn.

If they're that close I would highly recommend trimming the pinch weld. You gotta remember that you're dealing with suspension here which obviously moves up and down. If you're turning and hit a bump that pinch weld is going to end up in your tire and start slicing it up.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
If they're that close I would highly recommend trimming the pinch weld. You gotta remember that you're dealing with suspension here which obviously moves up and down. If you're turning and hit a bump that pinch weld is going to end up in your tire and start slicing it up.

Yeah I was debating on kinda hammering it back a smidge, but it was late last night so I opted not to for the time being.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990