The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

init6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't like the placement of the physical radio and climate controls. And not liking the non-telescoping steering wheel. So far loving everything else!!

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what do you guys think of this tire / rim combo?
Rims are 18x9 +18 for offset
285/75R18 Toyos

I'm just debating if I will need to level front at all? worst case I get this combo and they rub, then I have excuse to lift it lol.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So what do you guys think of this tire / rim combo?
Rims are 18x9 +18 for offset
285/75R18 Toyos

I'm just debating if I will need to level front at all? worst case I get this combo and they rub, then I have excuse to lift it lol.

I think I could have fit my 35's without the level but I would get the level since it gives you an excuse to replace the shocks with Bilstein.

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Why? What are you going to gain? Maybe 5hp? No one has tried that yet, I would assume that you will throw codes for that. A tuner can disable to downstream o2 sensor more than likely. If anything throw the mufflex kit on it and replace the crushed sections of pipe that form the y pipe and you will be good to go.

Agreed. I wouldn't bother with the cats unless you're doing longtubes at least. If you want more than a normal catback, get someone to replace that Y-pipe. Looking under there at it makes me a sad panda, it's so squished.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Agreed. I wouldn't bother with the cats unless you're doing longtubes at least. If you want more than a normal catback, get someone to replace that Y-pipe. Looking under there at it makes me a sad panda, it's so squished.
Yeah i dont think i need to go as far as headers..not anytime soon anyway.. maybe if it gets rebuilt one day lol..

So i guess catback it is but if i get a mufflex kit will i have to leave the resonator in or could i just extend the tail pipe?

ForceofWill

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 CC Trades
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah i dont think i need to go as far as headers..not anytime soon anyway.. maybe if it gets rebuilt one day lol..

So i guess catback it is but if i get a mufflex kit will i have to leave the resonator in or could i just extend the tail pipe?

You could just have a shop make a pipe from the mufflex back with a tip on it at that point for cheap.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Just crawled underneath to check out this y pipe and [emoji33] its sooo crushed..now i see what you guys are saying its pretty much a 1" pipe with what theyve done...im not too sure about $300 for the mufflex kit though plus shop time for the y-pipe and tail pipe..the muffler just needs to have a 3.5" inlet right?

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just crawled underneath to check out this y pipe and [emoji33] its sooo crushed..now i see what you guys are saying its pretty much a 1" pipe with what theyve done...im not too sure about $300 for the mufflex kit though plus shop time for the y-pipe and tail pipe..the muffler just needs to have a 3.5" inlet right?

That is correct. The magnaflow 12909 muffler is the one people have been putting in. The problem is by the time you get stainless 3.5" pipe and find a shop to work with it you are better off with the mufflex kit, that is what I concluded because not one shop around me could bend 3.5" pipe and I wasn't putting aluminized steel pipe on and the stainless was about $60 for 5'.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Im going for the resonator delete too though so i'll probably need at least a 5 foot piece plus the y adapter...did your mufflex kit come with a long enough tail pipe to just add a tip or do you still have the resonator?

I hope you dont mind if i pick your brain on this kit, the website has very little info as far as specs other than 3.5" muffler lol

Last edited:

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im going for the resonator delete too though so i'll probably need at least a 5 foot piece plus the y adapter...did your mufflex kit come with a long enough tail pipe to just add a tip or do you still have the resonator?

I hope you dont mind if i pick your brain on this kit, the website has very little info as far as specs other than 3.5" muffler lol

Sorry I am adding to the confusion, I did not purchase it, I have a 5 month old money sucked that prevented me from clicking submit order when they were on sale for black Friday. I researched it all and that is what I decided I will go with when it is time though. I would say you will need 5' minimum, take a string and snake it along the tailpipe and measure it, the mufflex kit essentially takes the place of the entire muffler section, from front clamp to rear clamp so yes you would need another section of you wanted to get rid of the resonator. If you go that route I would put the kit on and decide if you want to delete the resonator from there. You might decide that you like the sound with the resonator on. I think with it off you are going to have some issues with drone when the mds kicks in.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Good point sir i appreciate the help or else id be looking for long tube headers and a damn racing exhaust :roflsquared: im gonna wait till after christmas to go for this but im gonna go ahead and order this up..personally love the sound from the few clips ive heard.. not overly loud but still aggressive..again youre right though i should wait to remove the resonator but hopefully not to long after i can order a tuner that deletes the mds because its almost never used in my truck and it drives better in the city without it

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Has anyone that went duals done an H or X pipe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
just orderd my factory running boards.. and a "flex undercover" folding tannaou cover. may try and squeak in a amp bed extender to keep cargo in place. GOnna get the mufflex and probably a lvling kit at tax time. crummy thing is I have to wait till the 9th before I can get all the goodies and install them.

mtu1293

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Copied and pasted from my AEV newsletter. Curious what the difference are between gas / diesel for the suspension lift. Wonder if it's just heavier springs to accomodate the weight of diesel, I assume? Also would be cool to see the intake be made for the 6.4 gasser, but doubtful that will happen soon. Hoping the bumper will be cheaper then the number I have been told (finger crossed)

AEV Ram Product Availability Update

The AEV Ram Concept took the aftermarket world by storm when it first debuted at the 2013 SEMA Show. Since then, we have been working diligently to transform this concept vehicle into a reality. After more than a year of prototyping, development, testing and fine tuning we are finally on the home stretch and would like to take this time to update you as to what products you can expect to see in the very near future as we enter 2015.

The initial launch of the AEV Ram product line will focus primarily on the Ram 2500/3500 and include our Premium Front Bumper (2013.5+ Gas/Diesel), Raised Air Intake System (2013+ Diesel w/ Active Air), 17x8.5 Katla Wheel and 3" DualSport Suspension System (2014+ Diesel). More detailed product information, options, images and pricing will be released as these products become available.

In addition to these individual products for the Ram, we also plan on announcing our turn-key vehicle conversion program for the Ram 2500/3500 within the upcoming months. This will be a very similar program to what we currently have in place for our JK Wrangler and Brute Double Cab conversions.

We are excited about what the future holds for the AEV Ram product line. Our design team and product engineers are hard at work and you can expect many new and exciting products to be released throughout the upcoming year.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
copied and pasted from my aev newsletter. Curious what the difference are between gas / diesel for the suspension lift. Wonder if it's just heavier springs to accomodate the weight of diesel, i assume? Also would be cool to see the intake be made for the 6.4 gasser, but doubtful that will happen soon. Hoping the bumper will be cheaper then the number i have been told (finger crossed)

aev ram product availability update

the aev ram concept took the aftermarket world by storm when it first debuted at the 2013 sema show. Since then, we have been working diligently to transform this concept vehicle into a reality. After more than a year of prototyping, development, testing and fine tuning we are finally on the home stretch and would like to take this time to update you as to what products you can expect to see in the very near future as we enter 2015.

The initial launch of the aev ram product line will focus primarily on the ram 2500/3500 and include our premium front bumper (2013.5+ gas/diesel), raised air intake system (2013+ diesel w/ active air), 17x8.5 katla wheel and 3" dualsport suspension system (2014+ diesel). More detailed product information, options, images and pricing will be released as these products become available.

In addition to these individual products for the ram, we also plan on announcing our turn-key vehicle conversion program for the ram 2500/3500 within the upcoming months. This will be a very similar program to what we currently have in place for our jk wrangler and brute double cab conversions.

We are excited about what the future holds for the aev ram product line. Our design team and product engineers are hard at work and you can expect many new and exciting products to be released throughout the upcoming year.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1419126751126.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1419126751126.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 70

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ranch Hand | Be on the safe side has some nice stuff also N-Fab has bumpers for us as well. the ranch hand actually has a really nice rear bumper with the steps in the bumper like the chevy"s. they look pretty good.

loveracing1988

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
lol - taking that off the AEV forum, eh :favorites13:
Hoping maybe they might do an introductory price or something, doubt it, but one can dream. Making the call Monday on tires / rims, so my mod moeny will be sucked up for short bit.

Never much a fan on Ranch hand, like a few of the aftermarket winch bumpers they kill the approach angle. LOL - not like my truck will see much action like the one this replaced, but just in case.

Started to shop around for rock rails too - plan on making this truck better then my old 07 powerwagon.

Yeah... The people lining up to buy their products tells me that there won't be too much of a discount.
I know white knuckle was planning on coming out with rock rails but I never heard any kind of eta. I know their pre 2014 products looked really good.