The 6.4 HD Hemi Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I went by my local shop and for them to d pic either a Flowmaster or Jones exhaust from the muffler back it's $300.!not sure how that price is. But it's the only place I have right where I live at. He also pointed out that I have a bad exhaust leak right where the band is on the intake side of the muffler.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Guys sometimes you may be better off just going with a custom exhaust. you can get exactly what you want, and can be cheaper most of the time. for the sake of maintaining warranty's I would suggest not going with fully welded systems. try to retain the factory band clamp locations. my dealer stressed that to me, and dont mess with the cats.

Donelam304, 300$ for a new muffler + new routed piping isnt a terrible price, but probably not the lowest possible. think about any name brand kit that gets released right now. they are gonna be over priced because of the immediate demand.

also I believe I read that the 6.4L exhaust is factory 3.5'' correct ? does anyone plan on going to a 4'' tail pipe ? or would the loss in back pressure to be much to start losing low end ?

Last edited:

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
It is 3½". The quote was for a Flowmaster exhaust and leaving the resonators in place. And it was also a one in and two out. Not sure how he would have done the resonator on the very end of the factory system. Because it's after the muffler and right at the end. He done one already for a guy. All he had done was a muffler delete. And he said it sounded great at idle. But when you got on it, it had a god awful loud whistle. He said they left the resonators on and just took out the muffler and put in a straight pipe. I never heard it. I sent the guy a text. I will post a YouTube clip if I can get to hear it.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just went to Americas Tire and ordered my tires for this beast! 37x13.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. 10 ply load range E.

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just went to Americas Tire and ordered my tires for this beast! 37x13.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. 10 ply load range E.

WOW, go big or go home I guess!!! Can't wait for photos. What lift are you going with? I am having a hell of a time finding anything available other than a coil spacer.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm not sure on the brand yet since only FTS makes an 8" lift for our trucks right now and they charge $3000 for a basic kit! So I'm waiting for more manufacturers to make a lift. Hopefully it will be a long arm kit, I don't want to spend more than $3000 installed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KTM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm not sure on the brand yet since only FTS makes an 8" lift for our trucks right now and they charge $3000 for a basic kit! So I'm waiting for more manufacturers to make a lift. Hopefully it will be a long arm kit, I don't want to spend more than $3000 installed!

I started a thread but haven't got great feedback on it.

Here is the link:
http://www.ramforum.com/f40/2014_2500_6_4_lift_decision-49892/

I guess posting in the 4th Gen. Lifted section probably wasn't a good idea for a new 2500.

Reactions: Sud

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi

BDS makes a 5.5" for about $2000, 6-8 hour install time. Should be well under $3000 installed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Olli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 CC
Engine
Yet more proof that a 6.4/2014+ Ram HD subforum would be helpful... :D

Unfortunately the admin. doesn't agree......

There is a forum that has setup a 6.4 section....

Olli

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
BDS makes a 5.5" for about $2000, 6-8 hour install time. Should be well under $3000 installed.

Yeah but that's not 8"... Haha

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
i know your looking for a 8'' lift, but i think 5.5'' of lift with 37's would look sick on 3/4 ton !

im not sure one this, but can a stock 2500 squeeze 35's already ? if not pretty close ?

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi
TAlked with the guy at at an off road shop yesterday. He thought we could go with 35 as we don't have the added weight of our diesel counterparts so ours sit a bit higher up front.

Sud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
TAlked with the guy at at an off road shop yesterday. He thought we could go with 35 as we don't have the added weight of our diesel counterparts so ours sit a bit higher up front.

This is interesting to consider, however you also have to wonder if the CTD Trucks are equipped with a slightly "stiffer"/stronger coil spring in the front, due to the increased weight?

If so, that may negate any height difference between the two.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is interesting to consider, however you also have to wonder if the CTD Trucks are equipped with a slightly "stiffer"/stronger coil spring in the front, due to the increased weight?

That is true.

ammo

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi

The guy I spoke with yesterday said Ram was using the same springs in both, I don't know if he is right. One of our Mopar parts guys on here should be able to confirm if it is true.