ARH Longtube Headers for the 2014-15 2500 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Any reason to look at these vs the 5.7L ARH longtubes if I go to the 6.4L?

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
No difference between the 5.7 and 6.4 headers. I will be running my 5.7 1500 headers on the new 6.4 motor build as well.

wyo2track

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 2500
Engine
6.4L Hemi w/ 4.10's
So am I reading this correctly. There is no difference at the exhaust manifold with port and stud alignment between the 5.7 and 6.4 headers? Forgive my ignorance, my automobile knowledge is limited....:emotions133:

Air in, air out...sure was important on my old 5.9 CTD. So, with the same header design as the 5.7, is this impeding air flow for the 6.4, choking air flow from flowing into the engine or is it more tuning? I keep reading how little gains are when the restrictive OEM muffler & air filter is replaced with aftermarket products that something else must be restricting air flow...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The ports on the heads of the 5.7 and the 6.4 are the same, so the headers will fit both motors.

On the 5.7 trucks, we are seeing 25-30hp from the ARH longtubes. Guys are even putting up 60-65hp gains from the ARH longtubes with a custom tune. I see no reason why the 6.4 wont respond just as well. Log manifolds are made cheap and a major restriction. Longtube headers will always show a nice bump in power on just about any motor.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anybody gotten a dyno of their 6.4 with headers???

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been waiting for tuning on the 2015 to become available. Need to remove the speed limiter, otherwise you can't get a full run in 4th gear.

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been waiting for tuning on the 2015 to become available. Need to remove the speed limiter, otherwise you can't get a full run in 4th gear.
How does it feel compared to stock without tuning?

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How does it feel compared to stock without tuning?

Just driving around it feels much better under part throttle acceleration. Under full throttle, definite improvement but wouldn't call it dramatic. I timed it before/after with SpeedPro on my Android and it was 1/2 sec quicker to 60. Not sure how accurate the tool is but was repeatedly getting about 8.0 sec after the headers. Torque management bs and the 6200lb curb weight don't help things here.

Here is a quick video with a couple of first and second gear hits. I posted another one a couple of days back but that was just a quick throttle jab on my street. FYI, I also have a Magnaflow cat back kit installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8uWuJobUZU

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you get yours and,if I may ask, what did you pay?

Do you think it is worth the expense?

Was the exhaust a large improvement over stock?

Do you Tow?

I am asking because I tow now. I'm not looking for 1/4 mile blasts, but improvement dragging 10-12k down the highway. If I could get another 30hp and significant torque I might consider it now.

Last edited:

drittal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ports on the heads of the 5.7 and the 6.4 are the same, so the headers will fit both motors.

On the 5.7 trucks, we are seeing 25-30hp from the ARH longtubes. Guys are even putting up 60-65hp gains from the ARH longtubes with a custom tune. I see no reason why the 6.4 wont respond just as well. Log manifolds are made cheap and a major restriction. Longtube headers will always show a nice bump in power on just about any motor.

What about torque? I'm towing a fairly large TT with mine now.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Where did you get yours and,if I may ask, what did you pay?

Do you think it is worth the expense?

Was the exhaust a large improvement over stock?

Do you Tow?

I am asking because I tow now. I'm not looking for 1/4 mile blasts, but improvement dragging 10-12k down the highway. If I could get another 30hp and significant torque I might consider it now.

Yes, I tow but typically just a two horse trailer or open car hauler. Nothing quite as heavy as you are towing. I bought mine through Moe's Performance (Matt) when he was having a special. I'd call him and see if you can make a deal.

Yes, I believe they helped throughout the torque band. But for your purposes, I wouldn't necessarily say they would be worth the expense without a tune. IMO, a custom tune would likely provide the biggest benefit for your buck. Or if you tow often, I'd consider putting the money toward new gears.