Dedicated 6.4 Hemi Exhaust Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Don't know if we can get this thread to multiple pages or even several dozen but I thought I'd try. I know a lot of this info may be in the 6.4 Hemi thread but it has almost become too large to sort through.

I, like most middle aged guys, like the sound of a nice low rumble from. Y exhaust when under acceleration but want a nice subtle sound when crushing with little/no drone. Don't want it loud or obnoxious. Just something a little more than what factory gives?

After reading through Reek's post on the Mufflex and his unhappiness with the product I have Sort of turned cold in getting the Mufflex. What I'd like to start is a thread of what every 6.4 owner has for aftermarket exhaust. Whether just a muffler replacement or a full exhaust replacement or whatever. Describe what you had done, what product and the cost to have said product installed. Also, if you can post a video with good sound it would be helpful. Tell us what you got!

If we can get traction on this thread maybe we can make it a sticky.?.? If a dumb idea no biggie.

Last edited:

Underarock13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2500 14
Engine
6.4 hemi
Magnaflow with resonator delete. Love it. If you're going to cry about unleashing your v8 monster then shut up and leave it stock. No drone, people hear me at 2000rpm and I get compliments all the time. So tired of people complaining.

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I think it's a good idea since I'm, like you, still trying to sort out how to get a little more rumble. I'll follow along but will leave my take on the Mufflex in the other thread.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Magnaflow single in/single out, center/offset muffler with a resonator delete. I like the sound. It has rumble, it will definitely get loud when you get on it but when cruising you barely hear it.

$450 for the work.

I'll upload the video (it's from inside the cab) after YouTube accepts it.

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

VIDEO

https://youtu.be/ylsnVy5UP7Q

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
I don't have a 2500, but I just love my Mufflex set up! I went with the mid level sound package and couldn't be happier. I too did not want drone and I do not have it with this set up.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4
Had the pipes cut at the Y pipe and installed true duals in 2.5 inch pipe with 2 Flowmaster Original 40 series dumped in front of axle...no resonator. Love the sound in the cab. Sounds mean in really cold temps. Noticed an increase of mileage of prob 1 mpg on the highway if I can keep my foot out of it.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
"2 Flowmaster Original 40 series dumped in front of axle...no resonator."

Did you dump both pipes out the passenger's side or one out each side. I have not received my truck yet but will likely do exhaust later this summer on mine. I would really like to go out in front of the axle on both sides but from what I have seen the fuel tank would get in the way. It is a look that is not over done & would be less pipe to rust off down the road. :naughty:

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
"2 Flowmaster Original 40 series dumped in front of axle...no resonator."

Did you dump both pipes out the passenger's side or one out each side. I have not received my truck yet but will likely do exhaust later this summer on mine. I would really like to go out in front of the axle on both sides but from what I have seen the fuel tank would get in the way. It is a look that is not over done & would be less pipe to rust off down the road. :naughty:

Both dumped on passenger side. Main reason I dump them now is because of rust plus it's cheaper up front. Had an '04 Chevy and first exhaust was flowmaster out the back under both sides of the bumper. Tails rusted and kept having to go back to patch holes and at around 50k miles on them one of the pipes dropped and broke the end out of a muffler. Replaced with glasspacks dumped and 90k later were still on it when I traded for the Ram and never had to go back for rust repairs.

thoss29

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 3500 "Black Top" Edition 6.4L
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be watching this thread for sure. Another piece of vital info would be 2500 or 3500. I'd heard that there were limited options for the 6.4 when I bought mine but I had no idea when I bought a 3500 that it would knock that down even more.

hemi1282

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram Tradesman
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Magnaflow 22" with 4" duals out the back $450, at 1st it was dumped in front of rear axle and sounded like stock so had It changed, not much drone if any at all, I keep my mds off but it's got a nice lil rumble to it, I'll try an post up a vid of me playing n a field if I can remember how to

https://youtu.be/y6OBSFMbLdo

Attachments

• DSC00134.jpg
    DSC00134.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 489
  • DSC00135.jpg
    DSC00135.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 388
  • DSC00132.jpg
    DSC00132.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC00129.jpg
    DSC00129.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 343
  • IMAG0721.jpg
    IMAG0721.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
OP
OP
Skrap

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
Magnaflow single in/single out, center/offset muffler with a resonator delete. I like the sound. It has rumble, it will definitely get loud when you get on it but when cruising you barely hear it.

$450 for the work.

I'll upload the video (it's from inside the cab) after YouTube accepts it.

PICT0003_zpstmwbndur.jpg

PICT0001_zpsm5fesonp.jpg

VIDEO

https://youtu.be/ylsnVy5UP7Q

That does sound good from the cab. Was it $450 for muffler and labor total? Any way to get a video from outside the truck as you make a street pass? One last thing, part number for said muffler or is it pretty much straight forward for the 6.4 and magnaflow mufflers? Thanks.

OP
OP
Skrap

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
I tried to add to the title of thread to include "6.4 Hemi EXHAUST Thread" but didn't update in the broader thread only in my first post. Don't want people to think it is the same as the general 6.4 500 page thread. How to update the title???

Agreed with Drittal.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
i have looked for actual pictures of the underside of the truck, anyone have one for the 2016 2500? i am interested in the way the exhaust is run, i know its down the passenger side but just curious as to the way it is run compared to the other year rams.

also people say they are running an 18 or 22 in muffler.... what is the current length muffler that is under there now? i know i could go out and measure mine but i am a little under the weather and really just feel like crap so i wont do it in the next few days... but that dont stop me from thinking about what i want!

now like others have said i have thought about doing the muffler deletes, i have done it before with other vehicles and it always makes them sound better.. just dont want to spend more money upgrading the same thing if i dont have to...

now last question here.. what are every ones thoughts on either dual exhaust running straight out the back, or dumping on each side of the bed, or may dual exit on the passenger side, or just leave it single exhaust? just wandering...

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I run a flowmaster 50hd with the resonator still in place.... Not real loud but gives a nice rumble driving around.... Thought about removing the resonator but it's almost perfect right now for noise level, especially towing.

SETEX 6.4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I am also running a FM 50 Series HD. Designed by FM specifically for the Hemi 3.5 in 3.5 out. Just replaced the muffler and left the resonator originally.
I ended up taking my Sawzall and cutting the resonator off and just left the exhaust dumped right after the axle.
All together about $200 with the unstall.
Love the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
now last question here.. what are every ones thoughts on either dual exhaust running straight out the back, or dumping on each side of the bed, or may dual exit on the passenger side, or just leave it single exhaust? just wandering...

If you leave it single, the collector where it goes down to one pipe is a big constriction point. The exhaust shop told me mine was really restricted at that point when they cut it off.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I don't have the 6.4L yet but it's on order but what I did with mines I had my Y pipe cut off and install the Maggy Y pipe and in the 22' maggy mufflex but I think this time I'm going to just get the muffler at the shop.

Will Ram 2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I don't have the 6.4L yet but it's on order but what I did with mines I had my Y pipe cut off and install the Maggy Y pipe and in the 22' maggy mufflex but I think this time I'm going to just get the muffler at the shop.

They cut mine off and went true duals with it.

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I am also running a FM 50 Series HD. Designed by FM specifically for the Hemi 3.5 in 3.5 out. Just replaced the muffler and left the resonator originally.
I ended up taking my Sawzall and cutting the resonator off and just left the exhaust dumped right after the axle.
All together about $200 with the unstall.
Love the sound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

You got any videos of your truck without the res on it.