Does your truck "shake" above 70MPH?

Does your truck feel like it has a tire out of balance between 70 and 80 MPH?

• Yes, my truck has this issue

Votes: 41 41.8%
  • No, my truck does not have this issue.

Votes: 57 58.2%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
My 15 tops out at 107 (by speedo) and is smooth as can be all the way there.

Same here smooth as glass. Still on factory Firestone HTs with 31k miles. Only rotated, never rebalanced. The factory balance a couple of the tires with the weights at different clock positions.

kevints75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Same here smooth as glass. Still on factory Firestone HTs with 31k miles. Only rotated, never rebalanced. The factory balance a couple of the tires with the weights at different clock positions.
mine came stock with Goodyear wrangler SRA and they even put another 4 new ones on and no diff

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kevints75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 15 tops out at 107 (by speedo) and is smooth as can be all the way there.
I have the sport with the air lift and 3.92 rear and ram boxes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You also have ifs and the Op has solid axle.

champ198

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a slight shake at 70-72mph. I know mine is a balance issue though. It happened the moment I had new tires installed, and I had them re-balanced twice since they were mounted and balanced when I bought them. I had Michelins installed, and I told the guy at Discount Tire, that if he couldn't get them balanced this time around, I wanted different tires. They are ok now. As ****** as the Transforce tires were, they never shaked.

I recently bought a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers at Discount Tire. They just can't handle a heavy tire like this. After two attempts at Discount, I had to take the truck to a specialty shop that installs lift kits and big wheels/mud tires in order to get the wheels/tires road force balanced. Discount Tire DOES NOT use road force balancers (where they can analyze runout, high spots, and rotate the tire on the rim). My Ridge Grapples ride smooth with no vibration/hop.

pwjouster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
my stock 2018 powerwagon on OEM 33 duratracs vibrated at speed. 65-75MPH not violent or uncomfortable but noticeable.

my new 35 toyo RT on aftermarket method rims has remedied the vibration! alot of OEM tires can be improperly balanced, defective product, or just crap spec, but it sucks when its on a new from factory vehicle.

my multiple sets of duratracs vibrated as well on my Jeep wrangler

ROAD FORCE ALWAYS

jguida

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Having this issue on mine 2015 2500. I had it balanced at the dealer at ~26k miles and 2 days later the shimmy was creeping back. Has the stock 20" with the Good years. Once I make a decision on new wheels I'll hopefully get a clean start without the shaking.

HOSAY1012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own a 2012 Ram 1500 2WD Sport CC. I've replaced all four tires (new), changed out front shocks, new hub assemblies, ran it by a mechanic. He played around underneath though could not locate any real issue and said all looks tight. He also mentioned where the oil drains when changing the oil filter, oil appears to have been dripping into a rubber bushing (don't recall which bushing he said). Going to have all tires/wheels rebalanced by a shop that uses Road Force Vibration services (Discount Tire).
It's extremely aggravating when the "wobble" appears over 70 MPH, especially rounding curves on the highway. It feels like it's going to run off the road.

Any helpful ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you ahead of time.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Factory HT's on factory steel wheels had no vibration whatsoever. Bought some factory Laramie wheels with HT's on CL that had a vibration from 61-64. New General ATX'S had a vibration from 63-66 or so. Problem after a road force balance appointment at Discount Tire.

Long story short, I think my problem is in a wheel.

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
My take on this, it is the parking brake.

Either binding in the cable, corrosion in the mechanical system or the shoes themselves are causing the issue.

I have three rams 2 4x4s, 1 4x2 the entire spectrum of factory gears 3.21, 3.55 and 3.92s.

Once I started consistently using the parking brake the issue went away.

I would experiment, setting the parking brake is a cheap experiment that could yield improved results.