Factory Tow Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I got factory tow hooks for my 2500 for Christmas. The kit I received has the hooks, the bumper bracket and the 4 (2 for each side) brackets that support the bumper bracket to the frame. It appears as if my truck already has the bumper bracket with the holes for the tow hooks. After reading the directions, it states to remove the bumper.

I'm trying to figure out if I really need to remove the bumper. Has anyone installed the factory tow hooks?

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
If the two brackets are already in place, you should be able to just bolt the tow hooks onto them. It is a tight fit if you have large hands/fingers.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It helps to have two sets of hands. One of you will have to work from the bottom behind the bumper bracket, one will have to work from the front.

You can get them on without removing the bumper since the plate and brackets are already there.

Got bolts, nuts and washers?

OP
OP
Sandbox

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
It helps to have two sets of hands. One of you will have to work from the bottom behind the bumper bracket, one will have to work from the front.

You can get them on without removing the bumper since the plate and brackets are already there.

Got bolts, nuts and washers?

Yeah, the kit included everything.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
easy job.my top hitch receiver bolts to the hook brackets.i hung the hitch,mounted the hooks back on over it , by myself.

Danno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
You don't have to remove the bumper. Mark the current position of bumper mount on the frame. Gently remove one bolt at a time. Put the bracket on installing the bolts. Align mount to the alignment marks and torque bolts. Of you don't put the bracket on and use the tow hooks you could rip the bumper off.