New Member - WoundedWarr10r

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
wow very nice and from one ex-infanteer to a fella that falls from the sky welcome. Any thoughts on a rear bumper????

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
wow very nice and from one ex-infanteer to a fella that falls from the sky welcome. Any thoughts on a rear bumper????

Well, thank you!

I appreciate that, and it is always nice to meet another Brother in Arms. As for the rear bumper, I really like Iron Cross. The fact that they are hand made from USA steel kind of gets to my pro American mind set. Especially, being a military minded type, so you know I like; "uniformity; uniformity; uniformity" .. kind of the OCD type about my kids, after my real kids.

I also have a 1984 Ramcharger 4X4 Deluxe I am restoring too; it was my son's but when he burned up the front two crank bearings; I extended it about six months by replacing them with some from a bone yard. So, he needed another vehicle so I bought it off him. The body is OD green and every thing else is painted black; grill, door handles, badges, bumper(s). It really looks kind of cool, and has no computers; unlike my Z06 which has five computers in it, (what were they thinking?).

That is also why I have three other trucks in my yard and seven motorcycles. I bought the motorcycles off family members who didn't store them properly for the winter. I had three, so I only bought the other four off family that I got into riding.

Not to stray to far, but that is what I do now a days is work on projects around the house. Tried working for the government for five years after I retired from the military, but I just ended up paying more taxes, so I learned the hard way, I cannot afford to work.

Well, I am looking forward to exchanging information or ideas. Took me a minute to find my way back to this thread.

Very Respectfully,
George

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where are you located? I remember seeing that truck for sale haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice looking truck. Specs please!! :)

Thanks RamDude81, especially since I just spent two days under it installing a new exhaust system. For some reason all the joints were welded, (must of leaked) or they all are that way these days. I don't have all the factory special ordered specs on digits; but I can tell you the up grades done to it for now. I'm really glad to get rid of the that 55 gallon drum of a muffler.

Rough Country 6" Lift Kit
Iron Cross Front Bumpber w/ winch Color Matched
Fuel Off Road Front Grill
Fuel Off Road 20" Rims - 35x12.50.20 LT Tires
KO Off Road Duel Row LED Light Bar
Catback Flowmaster Outlaw System
K&N Air Filter
No Badges

I think that's it, I've only had one cup of joe so far this morning.

And believe it or not, with just two minor performance upgrades ... it spins the tires from a dead stop. Maybe the 8 spd. tranny helps that a bit; but I was really surprised the first time a Black Widow wanted to do the Red Light to Red Light thing. I think he called mom, to see if she still loved him after that!

I have to take it in for a tire sensor; which it loves to remind me every time I fire it up. It drives me nuts, because I love the Big Digital Speedo, and have to press one up each time.

I will update the specs once I generate a new window sticker. I thought the NADA site would do a free one by VIN; or maybe it was Edmounds. The sales dude didn't save it for me, the detail guy tossed it. I kind of like to keep files on my vehicles.

Thanks for asking!

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where are you located? I remember seeing that truck for sale haha

Fort Campbell area ... Tennessee

Most likely you did; I bought my Z06 from the same place on Riverside.

I am the second owner; only had like 1250 miles on it.

I seen it one night running the loop on my Buell 1125R and something clicked.

Bought it the next day; the colors match my Corvette, Buell, HD Road Glide Ultra Screaming Eagle; Red & Black.

See you around; I volunteer as an RSO at Montgomery County Shooting Complex .. excellent range for whatever you like to shoot!

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in Evansville Indiana. So not to far

Okay, crossed wires; was looking at someone else's location that said Fort Campbell.

I been through there when I used to Truck OTR, when I took a service break in 1987 -1989.

Use to spend a lot of nights in Gary, IN. Lot's of big truck stops. I liked Indiana .. Never got a speeding ticket there. Hahaahaha

I ran a 4 & 1/4 Kitty Cat in a Peterbuilt; with an RTO 17 spd tranny; good for running through the Virginia hills that are like 4,721 feet above sea level.

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am in Evansville Indiana. So not to far

Okay, crossed wires; was looking at someone else's location that said Fort Campbell.

I been through there when I used to Truck OTR, when I took a service break in 1987 -1989.

Use to spend a lot of nights in Gary, IN. Lot's of big truck stops. I liked Indiana .. Never got a speeding ticket there. Hahaahaha

I ran a 4 & 1/4 Kitty Cat in a Peterbuilt; with an RTO 17 spd tranny; good for running through the Virginia hills that are like 4,721 feet above sea level.

Don't know why this sent twice; guess I'm not smart enough to figure that out!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Welcome to the forum!! Great looking rig you got there! Looks like I'm not the only one who detailed the "F" on the center caps of their Fuel wheels. :waytogo:

Adam

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
True ... Color Theme's Are Important to me Too

Welcome to the forum!! Great looking rig you got there! Looks like I'm not the only one who detailed the "F" on the center caps of their Fuel wheels. :waytogo:

Adam

Drummin4,

Yup, the center caps, the bolts onthe Fuel Off Road Grill, and will do the stainless steal bolts on the fender flares once they come in.

I thought about getting the color matched flares; then figured it would be a good contrast in the black and red theme.

Where can I find pics of your rig?

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Adam

Drummin4,

Yup, (GMTA), the center caps, the bolts onthe Fuel Off Road Grill, and will do the stainless steal bolts on the fender flares once the come in. I thought about getting the color matched flares; then figured it would be a good contrast in the black and red theme

I didn't think I was smart enough to find the pics of your rig; but after clicking around I found them. Man you have a nice looking rig.

How do you like those Toyo's; I use to run them on my Peterbuilt on the steering axles because they had hard biased plys on the sides and reduced over / under steer flying through and down mountain twistys. I put a set of Toyo Proxy 4's on my Z06 Corvette because they had a 560 tread wear, and they actually hook up pretty good, and not nearly as loud as the run flats that Corvette's normally run because there is no room for a spare tire.

I am interested in your Toyo's, because mine really blow in the wet weather in 2 Wheel drive; please advise .. thank you.

Very Respectfully,
George

Lil_Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Power tech 3.7L
Nice truck nice to a see another TN member around ain't seen to many

RumRunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum from Boston. Nice truck, gotta love the Rambox. Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of the RGU either :)

OP
OP
WoundedWarr10r

WoundedWarr10r

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Adam

Drummin4,

Yup, (GMTA), the center caps, the bolts on the Fuel Off Road Grill, and will do the stainless steal bolts on the fender flares once the come in. I thought about getting the color matched flares; then figured it would be a good contrast in the black and red theme

I didn't think I was smart enough to find the pics of your rig; but after clicking around I found them. Man you have a nice looking rig.

How do you like those Toyo's; I use to run them on my Peterbuilt on the steering axles because they had hard biased plys on the sides and reduced over / under steer flying through and down mountain twistys. I put a set of Toyo Proxy 4's on my Z06 Corvette because they had a 560 tread wear, and they actually hook up pretty good, and not nearly as loud as the run flats that Corvette's normally run because there is no room for a spare tire.

I am interested in your Toyo's, because mine really do not grip well in the wet weather in 2 Wheel drive; please advise .. thank you.

Very Respectfully,
George

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not bad "sarge"....not bad at all :naughty:

Welcome aboard!

Semper Fi