Modern Mopars of Iowa

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just wanted to post on here for any fellow Iowans that own RAM trucks or any other Modern Mopar for that matter. I've created a car club on Facebook called Modern Mopars of Iowa. The idea is to have an active club that can go out on cruises, meet and greets, conduct meetings, and participate in shows. This club is open to anyone with a Modern Mopar. That includes modern RAM trucks.

So if you're interested in joining up please stop by and request to join the Facebook group page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581324171914628/

There is a car show coming up in Johnston, Iowa on Saturday June 7th, 2014. I'll be attending this event and there may be other members there as well. Registration is $5.00 the day of the event and this event is open to both modern and classic Mopars alike. Here's the flyer for the event:

http://www.moparsunlimitediowa.com/2014MUISnS.pdf

Just request to join the club and I'll get you approved ASAP to anyone that is interested. Be sure to post some pictures of your vehicle(s) and introduce yourself!

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
We are having our first ever meet and greet Wednesday June 4th, 2014! If you're interested in joining please stop by at www.facebook.com/groups/MMOIA and check out the events page.

This Meet and Greet will move back to June 5th is the weather turns out to be bad on the 4th.

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Some pictures from our 1st Meet & Greet yesterday evening. Only 4 people ended up being able to make it but that was to be expected as this event was created on rather short notice. It was funny watching the people are B-Bops rubbernecking to look at our cars!

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Little bit of an update. Modern Mopars of Iowa is now sitting at 87 members with members in Ankeny, Des Moines, Waterloo, Tipton, Sioux Falls, etc... We participate in all kinds of different shows. Recently we were at the Goodguys Heartland Nationals - All American Sunday event, and we also frequent local shows in and around the Des Moines Metro area. Monthly meetings are the 2nd Friday of every month. We also have monthly Mopars and Movies events at the Valle Drive-in Theater in Newton, IA. I've also got custom MMOIA window decals made up courtesy of Kling's Designs, and we now have club T-Shirts courtesy of Strawberry Patch.

Please if you own a RAM or any other Modern Mopar (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, RAM, SRT) check us out! Membership is totally free and the only requirements to get approved to join are that you are an Iowan (or former Iowan), and you own a 1995 or newer Modern Mopar.

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Last edited:
OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just a little update. Ice Cream Social this Wednesday August 6th at Classic Frozen Custard in Des Moines. We also have our August Monthly Meeting on Friday August 8th at the Saylorville Lake Marina. If you're interested in joining the club please stop by and request to join our facebook group! We are currently sitting at 109 members. We're looking for Modern Mopars of all shapes and sizes and that includes RAM trucks!

OP
OP
shibby927

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bit of an update. Club Bylaws have been amended. We're now allowing 1990 or Newer (instead of 1995 or Newer) Modern Mopar vehicles into the club. This is to allow for vehicles such at the Chrysler Lebaron, Dodge Daytona, Dodge Stealth, and Plymouth Laser which are newer computer controlled Mopar vehicles. So if you own a vehicle that falls into those model years feel free to request to join us at www.facebook.com/groups/MMOIA of course you must also be an Iowan. If you know anyone who does, feel free to mention the club to them as well.

We recently hit 127 members. The club is growing fast and we're coming up with fun new activities for the club to participate in. Just the last weekend we had Mopars and Movie Night at a local Drive-in theater. I also spectated an event called "Flying Low" at a local airport that was being put on by the Iowa Corvette Club. Saw all sorts of Vettes running a small course (80mph limit enforced) that featured a slalom section followed by a turn, then another slalom section, then a straightaway. A Lamborghini Gallardo was also running at the event, and I would've taken the Charger around as well if I hadn't been so strapped going into the weekend.