1 gal. Of gasoline in 28 gal diesel performance increase.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
OP
OP
Cheapstreetduster

Cheapstreetduster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I followed this post daily at the beginning live real time . to be frank, i figured if what i was doing was going to be a problem. It will surely be explained here. In very short order it was. So i took heed. And to those guys THANK YOU. To set things straight, as soon as the lubricity and fuel pump was explained. I stopped the issue. It makes absolute sense so i stopped. For the record 3 full tanks 90 gal diesel/3 gallons gasoline.
Now i am in no way arguing against that its being stated harmful/ detrimental. “I got it loud and clear”. I learned something.
However for the record the fuel milage stated is or was a fact. Before the cocktail was burned through i saw 19.8 mpg towing the emty trailer home. ( ive made this trip 75 times empty and probably a dozen times with a trailer and a car) it wasnt wind resistance.
Lets set this straight,, again this does not mean i condone the practice, i have been educated. We dont have to rehash that.
Now maybe my fuel system was dirty, clogged or otherwise impaired??
( for the record the last fuel filter replacement the old filters had ******* red dirt, pissed me off i only go to reputable stations, and i have since been using a metal micron screen funnel when i fill up, mostly because i am trying to find the pump in my routine that has trash and or prevent another issue) the truck runs/ran fine. But i will say my milage is up since these three tanks..full tanks of diesel . not as high as stated earlier but about 1.8 to 2 mpg better than its been over the last year routine. Again im not condoning ,, just stating facts.
For those who asked..I got the idea from an acquaintance who drives a hauler for nascar teams . He said in the winter a lot of drivers put a gallon in the tanks. So please excuse me. Again my original post on here was live real time.. so once the the information about the practice was explained to me hear in this post early i heeded the advice.. and for those folks i say a sincere THANK YOU. Its why i posted originally.
I have not followed or kept up with this post since i learned it was harmful . I stopped and went on my way until today.
So now for the record i feel i have clarified this post.

And to the ones on here who revealed themselves as AssHoles. I have no comment. its like the typical home town Dinner or breakfast hang out. Some folks go in there to get nourishment for the hard day ahead. They catch up on others achievements and they find commonality while they eat the meal.
And some,,,the assholes,, they have no hard day ahead of them . so they substitute their lack of purpose , by causing a commotion or ruckus so they can feel important in a room full of do’ers.
You all be well!

Last edited:

Sluff Track

Reaction score
Ram Year
Looking
Engine
?
Thanks for coming back and updating us. I was curious about the outcome of your test, and hope nothing detrimental has come of it.

Driving a gasoline (Buick Century) vehicle, I picked up on adding 2 cycle oil with TC-W3 for lubrication from the oil threads here, so I wanted to know what happened if the tables were flipped. The TC might have helped me, but there was never a consistent mileage deviation from it.

Good day,
Jim

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Definitely an interesting experiment. I put a can of B12 Chemtool in the tank on my gassers a couple times a year to clean up the fuel system, so I definitely see how the flush could help your pure diesel mpg.

I'm not sure on these newer trucks if it's advisable or not, but when I had my '03 LB7 Duramax, that truck was built just at the beginnings of ultra low sulfur and it's widely accepted on those trucks that you should run some sort of lubricator in the fuel. A couple capfuls of ATF or various diesel fuel additives. Doing that seemed to keep my truck happier and it got slightly better fuel mileage after a couple months solid of that regiment.