Ocotillo Wells

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaviJ01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've lived in San Diego my whole life and never been, but now that I bought my truck last year I definitely want to check it out sometime soon as well.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wish I had a sand rail for that. Looks awesome
Im going in my truck lol.
I've lived in San Diego my whole life and never been, but now that I bought my truck last year I definitely want to check it out sometime soon as well.
May have to get a group together some time... I'm still trying to find trails out here that something other than a rock crawler can manage.

IMO

GoatLocker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I'm still trying to find trails out here that something other than a rock crawler can manage.

Plenty of easy trails out east, like Kitchen Creek, Fred Canyon, Oriflamme Canyon, Sheephead Mountain rd, etc. I used to go up Sheephead to watch the hang gliders jump off. Just gotta remember these aren't really off-road vehicles in stock form...

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Noted, thanks for the trails.

Yea I'm aware of the limitations :) ...also my daily driver lol.

IMO

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I flew over that area many times on the way to El Centro or Yuma when I was stationed at Camp Pendleton.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have been to ocotillo wells. I took this 92 bronco I had. Thing was badass. Flat black, fox shocks, MT tires, 302 straight piped.

Anywho, I went for a jeep event called "Tierra Del Sol." It was cool. Lots of off roading to be had out there. Whether you are into the low speed crawling or the faster long travel off roading.

I would recommend staying the night out there. Get fire wood, air mattress, tent.....beer, **** it. Also, bring another truck. My bronco broke out their due to some heavy wheeling. Some "sand people" straight hooked me up with some parts and tools. But, I drove that bronco their, so, if they had not helped me, I would have been in **** creek. Stranded.

Have fun and post some photos of your truck in action.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Btw, prob should have added. There is nothing around. There is a legit gas station. Which is good. But, if you are expecting restaurants to be just a small drive away. Nope. Nothing. That's why I suggested just spending the night out there. Bring steaks....snacks... WATER. Hot dogs.... Margaritas. All kinds of chow. Have a big ass fire. Others will be doing the same. Is there an event going on when you go?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Not that I know of... Just a few of us wanting to go break some parts.

I'm going to end up hitting every trail I can (truck friendly) in San Diego , while I'm here.. That is just one that looks like the most fun.

Hard to find people to go because everything is Jeep out here. Not really a Ram club that I know of lol.

IMO

Jared4.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Bighorn CC
Engine
I used to watch a show called Great Ride Open back in the day. Bunch of motocross riders that had their own camera crews and helicopters, made a tv show out of it. They always went to Ocotillo. I wanted to ride my quad out there but of course never got the chance.

JT

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hard to find people to go because everything is Jeep out here. Not really a Ram club that I know of lol.

IMO

Yeah, I hear yah. That Tierra del sol I mentioned earlier is a giant jeep event. I didn't care though. I just drove my loud ass bronco straight through their *** ass jeep circle jerk haha.

I ton of crap there to drive over. Including this. Skip to @2:40. Warning: annouying girl screaming in the back ground. Sounds like An elephants trunk exhaling inside Bambi' the deer's *******.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LLpw2KCXOoo

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Btw, prob should have added. There is nothing around. There is a legit gas station. Which is good. But, if you are expecting restaurants to be just a small drive away. Nope. Nothing. That's why I suggested just spending the night out there. Bring steaks....snacks... WATER. Hot dogs.... Margaritas. All kinds of chow. Have a big ass fire. Others will be doing the same. Is there an event going on when you go?

Dammit man that sounds like a fun time.

OP
OP
AustinB

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Lol yea.. Seems like one of them girls are in every video out there..

My truck will not be going up that!

Guy I met the other day has a built rig, called that tunnel obstacle childs play

IMO

H1Chester

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

Did you see any **** heads or desert yetis out there?

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Haha, bro, **** is part of American culture now. I wouldn't be surprised. However, I just saw alcohol. No yetis. This time.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^ just put a thin circle of tooth paste around your camp site. It keeps the sand people out.

Magna

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used to ride 3-wheelers at Ocotillo and at Imperial Dunes (near Yuma) when I was stationed in SD back in the mid '80s...yes, ATVs used to only have 3 wheels until the gubmint nannies stepped in and deemed them too dangerous for an adult to choose to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk