anyone with a laramie???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
What about bedlining the rocker panels, fenders, flares, and bumpers? Then color match the door handles and mirror caps.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Well how much do you like chrome? That's the only way I see to get rid of it unless you want to pay a lot of money having the truck monotoned.

Try it with plasti dip and see how you like it...

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it was me, I would enjoy the Laramie being a Laramie for a while which is a beautiful truck. Do things like audio, maybe a bed rug, things like that.

Then since modding is so fun, you can put aside the money you would spend on modding the Laramie to get a cool project truck that you can really put yourself into and make it special over time.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yea very good idea Kevin, not a fan of it but it works very well with this truck, gonna play with photoshop some and I got a homemade bed rug already and I love the audio and will just add my subs to it

REQN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I bought a laramie because I liked that I didn't have to do much to either the outside or inside. That being said, I like the look of a sport and I like the look of a lift. I'm not a huge fan of the Chrome but I couldn't pass on the interior and sound (and the price I was given). You'd be headed in the right direction if you went with jj heads. I'm a fan of doing one small thing at a time. I went debadge then tint then heads and tails. Slowly but surely making my way to everything color matched. Just do what you like. If anyone says "not for a laramie," question back with a why the Hell not haha.

Nothing like Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks and just curious how dark did you go over stock and I like my badges so they are staying just maybe not the same color

TheMaddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
****, make your own sealed box, that's what I did and it shakes everything. But I would a 3 inch lift, or just level it out, nothing too crazy, and add some beefy tires, plastidip those rims, a tonneau cover, color matched tails. Like JJ.

BOOM, I just gave you your mod list...

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Got the cover, suspension mods are on hold for a long time until I figure money out, and i would have no idea how to make a box for under the seat and I will never plasti dip these rims, way to nice and look good like tthey are .

A level is in the future maybe sooner than later and a 6+ is in the future and 37:D oh and I porb will tint my tails soon after I get a feel for the cops up here at Sam

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Why mess with perfection haha. I love how the truck looks because I like tasteful chrome accents so as for aesthetics I have only tinted the windows, put on tonneau cover and bought big tires.

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How much more did you tint over the factory tint, I was thinking maybe like 50 over the side windows and back and a 5% strip at the top, and tires are deff at the top of the big list.
Oh and these truck are deff perfect but I need a few more things

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How much more did you tint over the factory tint, I was thinking maybe like 50 over the side windows and back and a 5% strip at the top, and tires are deff at the top of the big list.
Oh and these truck are deff perfect but I need a few more things

I just matched the front two to the back as best I could. I think it was 20% sun-guard. I have done tint over factory in the past but it is hard to see at night. That was on my Durango and I did 5% over privacy and it was insane. Looked so awesome but just sucked backing up. Now that I have backup cam it may not be a bad idea but I like the matched look really and hate having the cops here hassle me for tint so what I have is fine.

Grubrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
To those who think most Laramie owners aren't the modding type...

*****!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Lol. If you won't to get technical. Most of any vehicle buyers are not the modding type

OP
OP
GhostRam94

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just matched the front two to the back as best I could. I think it was 20% sun-guard. I have done tint over factory in the past but it is hard to see at night. That was on my Durango and I did 5% over privacy and it was insane. Looked so awesome but just sucked backing up. Now that I have backup cam it may not be a bad idea but I like the matched look really and hate having the cops here hassle me for tint so what I have is fine.

Hmm sounds good, yea I think all ima do is match the front and 5%

SOC RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ordered 2012 Laramie QC 4x4 On Sat. 4-28. Hope To Take Delivery On Sat. 6-23.

REQN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Laramie 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I matched the front to the rears, my guy said it was 28% to match using the 3M stuff. To me, it looks off. But then again, I'm sure it's not the easiest to judge and its not that far off. Looks good at a glance, but a little frustrating when you stare at it