Ball joint replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccowen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My ball joints are starting to go and was wondering what you guys are replacing your with. I replaced once from warrant work but they are going again. Been reading up on Moog ball joints and they seem great. Any advice?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I worked in retail auto parts for 3 years while I was attending college. We carried MOOG as our premium replacement. I rarely had complaints unless the person was an idiot and I have ran their components on my vehicles with 0 problems. I give them a +1 vote.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Even MOOG has off-shored quite a bit of their product the last 5+ years. If expecting USA made, it can be a crap shoot with them.

Jimmy68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L Magnum
I've been hearing Moog has dropped in quality big time. Like AC Delco. Actually, I think their made by the same manufacturer.
Same product, different name.
It's all a crap shoot. I'm going Mevotech when the time comes. Purchased through CARiD.

OP
OP
ccowen

ccowen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I will look into those. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One question I'd want answered is why are you going through 2 sets of ball joints in a fairly short period of time. I'd be checking for other related problems
Jay

OP
OP
ccowen

ccowen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i made the dealership replace the first ones when they started making noises over bumps. That was in my first 2 years of owning it. They are starting again, but still have alot of life in them still. Just wondering,because its on my dime now, what I should replace with as I am also planning to get rid of that rake this year. In my opinion, she doesn't look like a 4x4. Looks like a 2 wheel drive. Planning on a 2.5 inch up front and placing a set of heavy duty coils which will not only eliminate the sag when towing, but will also lift 1.5 inch. Love my truck but wanna fix the things Dodge did wrong

JaredRAM2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Even MOOG has off-shored quite a bit of their product the last 5+ years. If expecting USA made, it can be a crap shoot with them.

I did hear this, but I still had a better record of warranty issues with MOOG over the house brand...

Many times, MOOG had a greaseable joint whereas the house brand didn't. Rubber boots seemed thicker sometimes... Metal or Machining/casting looked to be a better quality. Just felt like a better made product. I have ran Mevotech from RockAuto on family's cars... Looks to be a good product as well.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
I've switched to Mevotech a week ago
Looks much better, but will see for how long
a394ac8479c0.jpg
b5b806c09851.jpg