Dealer stall?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2011 Bighorn was experiencing the dreaded torque converter warble. Finally decided enough was enough, 61K miles. Called dealer and made an appointment.

Get there and advised of the 8am appointment for the diagnosis. Parts rep said I didn't have an appointment. Okay whatever. After a brief battle of words, he says oh there you are.

Wait for a transmission guy to come and so I can show him the problem. Take a drive and explain the Star 1121000005 bulletin. He says never heard of it. Okay whatever. Produce the dreaded noise pretty much at the exact point I advised. He immediately stated it wasn't the torque converter. Okay whatever. Back to the dealer so he can put it on the rack so he can find the cause of the noise. An hour or so later, parts rep says your truck is ready. I asked what the problem was and he says we have ordered a torque converter. Hmmmmm. We'll call you later this week and schedule and appointment. Okay whatever. Haven't heard back from them since. Called today. Guess what? They have no idea what I was talking about. Spoke to another guy and he stated we'll get that ordered for you. WTF!

Don't wanna throw any dealership under the bus but come on!

Common practice?

HemiStarPower

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Iv been dealing with it on a warranty issue for a few months. First time they said they would call, never got a call. Went the second time and was told they would call in a week to schedule the appointment. Third time I went in they said the guy I needed to talk to was out of the office. Honestly, The next time I go in there Ill ask about it again then I will go straight to the Chrysler Rep and get a claim number. Plus, That email they send you after every service, just give them bad reviews. They'll call you in a heartbeat.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Never heard of this converter warble either. Talk to the service manage about the advisor dripping the ball. He must have forgotten to order the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Crow 1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L w/8 Speed Trans.
Plus, That email they send you after every service, just give them bad reviews. They'll call you in a heartbeat.

This. I had a less than pleasurable experience at a local Chevy dealership with my wife's Equinox. Filled out their online email survey honestly. I was contacted a few hours later by the service department manager nearly groveling at my feet wondering what they could do to make it right....immediately.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the surveys and contacting chrysler... gm... ford are the key. when bad practices get back to the manufacturer the dealers will usually kiss your a$$.

back in '06 i had a new explorer the radiator went out at 36500 with no extended warranty. for has a program called after warranty assistance where they do a pro-rated cost on the parts. the service guy sid he would cover it under that IF i did a bunch of fluid/filter changes (trans, fuel, diffs...) they wanted to charge me for a radiator flush and fill when they had to replace the radiator. needless to say after i contacted for directly the original 1200 bill was settled for 200.

i have a '13 camaro also. im part of a camaro forum. chevy has customer service reps that troll the forums. when i had an issue they contacted me and acted as the middle man between me and the dealer. more manufacturers need this kind of customer service

OP
OP
719c6

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i have a '13 camaro also. im part of a camaro forum. chevy has customer service reps that troll the forums. when i had an issue they contacted me and acted as the middle man between me and the dealer. more manufacturers need this kind of customer service

I also have a C6 vette and member of the associated forum. Chevrolet has a active rep there and handle many questions concerning a lot of issues. I just wonder if Fiat has a member lurking around here... I just got a call this morning that the torque converter is here and they are ready for the install. Pretty fast shipping since know one knew anything about it yesterday. :naughty:

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This. I had a less than pleasurable experience at a local Chevy dealership with my wife's Equinox. Filled out their online email survey honestly. I was contacted a few hours later by the service department manager nearly groveling at my feet wondering what they could do to make it right....immediately.

what impact do these surveys actually have that makes them care? my dealership has been great so far but every time i go there for anything even just getting my tires topped up they practically beg me to fill out the survey

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what impact do these surveys actually have that makes them care? my dealership has been great so far but every time i go there for anything even just getting my tires topped up they practically beg me to fill out the survey

It affects the advisors pay quite a bit. Anything less than a perfect survey is considered unacceptable. If they fall below a certain percentage they don't get bonuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthTexasHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM 1500 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have always said I can pay retail anywhere... They treat me bad too often I'm moving along. So far no one has made me mad :D

OP
OP
719c6

719c6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the truck back. Tech said they changed out the torque converter and 4 flange nuts. Seemed all fine. Shouldn't have picked it up in the dark. Next morning, I walk behind the truck. WTH! Driver's side tip is crooked and extending about 3+ inches from the bumper and the other about an inch. Straight out! Nice! Not so much.

I could use it as a step I guess? Called dealership and they wanted to know when I could bring it in. I advised you did it, come and get it. I live 40 miles from them. He said they couldn't come and get and they don't even know if they did it. Good thing I took pics before it went in. I told him I had pics and he said okay, just bring it in and we'll get it fixed. Grrrrr. Where is the survey?

Attachments

• tips before and after.jpg
    tips before and after.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 88