ENRAGED! EcoDiesel Delays AGAIN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol...want some cheese for your whine? Last time I checked, there wasn't a "specific" time that it was going to be available. Then people want to complain when they order a custom truck when regular production truck is even on the ground.

Sometimes people sound like a kid at Walmart when they past the toy section, they cry and complain when they don't get a toy. Focus on the positives, and figure out what mod you want to get first :)

Just because you whine and complain isn't going to get your truck faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ramsport27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Customer orders being late February with a production start in March, meaning at a minimum an April delivery. I don’t want a pre-spec truck with random options in March, if they even live up to that date.

You just don't get it. It's not that I want them to release it early or with possible failures, as a consumer I want them to be accountable for their word. If they said it is going to be released, release it. IF they want to "make sure that it's 110% ready to be released into the field BEFORE there are any issues that might arise" then do so, but don't market the product as being ready for release like they have stated for the past 6+ months.

Chrysler needs to grasp the motto of under-promising and over-delivering. Instead they are stuck in the do loop of over-promising and under-delivering. For this reason they are already “falling on their face”.

You need to relax man. This is the real world and delays happen. Either wait or go a different route. You're way too worked up about this. I hope you never go through a house build.

ramsport27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
lol...want some cheese for your whine? Last time i checked, there wasn't a "specific" time that it was going to be available. Then people want to complain when they order a custom truck when regular production truck is even on the ground.

Sometimes people sound like a kid at walmart when they past the toy section, they cry and complain when they don't get a toy. Focus on the positives, and figure out what mod you want to get first :)

just because you whine and complain isn't going to get your truck faster.

Sent from my droid razr using tapatalk

+7976446875

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
would you rather them make 100% sure it is correct before released? maybe they ran into an issue that they need to fix. I deal with our engineers and their 'delays" all the freaking time. Frustrating but not much you can do when those engineer types are involved.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't think I could get "enraged" over the non release of a truck. There's tons of other choices.

Now, I may get enraged over the release of a truck if I paid 50 grand and it was plagued with problems because it was released prematurely.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Lol...want some cheese for your whine? Last time I checked, there wasn't a "specific" time that it was going to be available. Then people want to complain when they order a custom truck when regular production truck is even on the ground.

Sometimes people sound like a kid at Walmart when they past the toy section, they cry and complain when they don't get a toy. Focus on the positives, and figure out what mod you want to get first :)

Just because you whine and complain isn't going to get your truck faster.

They have made statements about year and/or quarter for release that they have not lived up to.

As for mods, it is all already mapped out. I wouldn't even purchase a vehicle if I didn't already know all the mods I was going to do to it and what was available to mod. I'm a MOD FREAK. To show my true impatience I've already bought parts for this truck, which you may see for sale in the For Sale forum shortly.

You need to relax man. This is the real world and delays happen. Either wait or go a different route. You're way too worked up about this. I hope you never go through a house build.

The house is already built, no sweat there

Trust me I understand real world. I work for a company who arguably has the most innovative production line in the world. I understand production delays, hiccups, etc.

would you rather them make 100% sure it is correct before released? maybe they ran into an issue that they need to fix. I deal with our engineers and their 'delays" all the freaking time. Frustrating but not much you can do when those engineer types are involved.

Either y'all don't read or don't comprehend. Don't market the truck for release until its ready, period. Sure work out all the kinks, make its "100%", THEN market it.

I get the consensus here. Not whining or ranting IMO but could reasonably see how it is taken that way, just like consumers who continue to "take it" from the big corporations because that "is the way it is and has always been". A cumulative consumer base voice CAN have an impact, but the sit around quiet and take it mentality is what enables these corporations to continue their antics.

END RANT.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not beating you up at all, but I just checked ramtruck website.... it say "available early 2014".... just checked my calendar...yup its Jan 8.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
Yeah but have you watched countless videos or read dozens and dozens of published articles where release information was discussed by some form of Chrysler representative? Most likely not, you made 2 clicks and looked at one website and you're assured that's the only information ever released on the subject

From your post thus far I can tell you won't believe it till you see it, well unless it's on the Ram website, but here is just one example. I have several other articles bookmarked on my comp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmTGApo-sw

feel free to skip to the 1:08 mark

Last edited:

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh boy.... still don't get it...how old is that video....I'm willing to bet ur salary that its an older video.... if you want to use old outdated information... that's your choice. I would rather use live, updated information. As of today Jan 8, 2014... ramtrucks.com states that early 2014. Tomorrow they might update their website stating "due to high demand, we are experiencing delays".

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
just to drive home bagged's point

The 2014 Ram 1500 with EcoDiesel Engine, Available Soon at a Dealer Near You | RamZone

2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Austin TX

Ingram Park CDJ Looks Ahead to the 2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel V6 -- SAN ANTONIO, Aug. 29, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ --

2014 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel First Drive - Motor Trend

Most list this as being available late 2013, the motortrend report states it should have been available as you were reading the article, release september 2013. I can't find it but I remember reading a release from ram back last spring/summer that stated the release in August of 2013.

The only reason I can find for yall flaming bagged, is either you're on your knees for RAM, or you just don't care about being delayed, as for the guy with the house being delayed scenario, imagine how freaking furious you'd be if you were told your house will be available in August and now they are telling you... well maybe in February.

I'm only mildly interested in the Ecodiesel but I understand the frustration, if I was seriously waiting for this thing to come out in Late 2013 and now I'm being told I couldn't get what I wanted till almost halfway into 2014 (which if you are custom ordering one is a likely situation), I'd probably tell RAM to go bite a big one.

jsl6v8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 HFE RCSB
Engine
3.6L V6 And proud.
Oh boy.... still don't get it...how old is that video....I'm willing to bet ur salary that its an older video.... if you want to use old outdated information... that's your choice. I would rather use live, updated information. As of today Jan 8, 2014... ramtrucks.com states that early 2014. Tomorrow they might update their website stating "due to high demand, we are experiencing delays".

I'm starting to think you're just trolling, you seriously don't get it, the point is that they advertised one thing, availability in late 2013, and they are delivering something completely different, availability a couple months into 2014.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol.... not at all man... I've been on here for a while.... I can see whiners that are looking for attention.

Do what u want, its a ram product, and it gets out when it gets out. You have no control over that.
Don't like it...go get itself another 1/2 ton diesel. Oh yeah....ram is the only one that will produce one this year....hahaha.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@ OP- what, other than ranting here, are you doing? Have you contacted Chrysler corporate about the delay?
I'm not condoning their actions, as it seems this is par for the course (reminiscent of the 8spd release last year) for Chrysler. But unless you do something constructive about it (and you may well have) others on here are just as free to post their opinion, or even be willing to sit on their hands about the release.
Wait, buy something else- do whats right for you. No one here can tell you more than Chrysler.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
TBD EcoDiesel
thanks jls6v8, my point exactly...done with this discussion, it's not worth the time for an uneducated debate

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, its late. I think we all get that. Don't see what else there is to say about it. We're not all going to stop liking the products that we do have over it.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
This has been an interesting read... I understand your being frustrated but have to ask... how does buying another make help if what you really want is a 1/2 ton diesel truck??? Sounds like you are just setting yourself up for more disappointment... :cheers:

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's lost here is the understanding that to get a product up to the high demands ram is setting it will take time. History only shows new technology have delays and other types of issues, but its getting fix and it will be out and soon (next couple of months at least).

If you hold all the big corporations to their initial "release timeframe" without having an actual date, comes to show that they are going through their paces and making sure its right.

Big companies like apple, BlackBerry, Microsoft do this all the time.

Complaining here isn't going to fix the problem. Showing outdated information isn't going to get your truck right now...calling Chrysler and being pissed about it isn't going to help you or all of the other people that are probly ahead of you in the order process.

If you want it, your gonna have to bite the bullet and wait like everybody else. If you can't wait and are impatient, your gonna get another truck and your going to be upset and kicking yourself for not waiting for a eco diesel.

If its what you want....just relax... they are coming.

I am curious, does anybody know of any dealers that have a solid date to show up at a dealer, or knows of some that has one? I'm sure some of us has the inside scoop.

My hands are tired from typing on my cell...haha.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks jls6v8, my point exactly...done with this discussion, it's not worth the time for an uneducated debate

Nobody here can give an educated debate on the why's of the late availability.

But, from what has been coming out it is most likely the slow government process they have to go through and jumping through hoops. From what I have read Diesel in the US is not refined to a single standard and it was qualifying for the difference in standards that slowed down the intro for the Jeep 3.0 along with some other minor problems. This pushed the Jeep intro to October and in like pushed the Ram intro to 2014 as it still had to qualify through the EPA. Perhaps the EPA wouldn't start the Ram process till they completed the Jeep process, speculation on my part.

Now the engine is available in Europe and Europe has some pretty high standards for diesel emissions. So what could possibly go wrong? The crazy diesel fuel system in the US.

You were able to order a Ram 3.0 diesel in Canada on 20 December 2013, but not in the US. So what does that tell you?

My guess would be that a large batch of the first units would be going to Canada while the issues with US approval are finalized and then the roll out to the US.

So I think Chryslers hands were tied with events they could not have foreseen.

Just speculation on my part.