Finally got out of the "Honeymoon" phase LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I bought this truck brand new, all shining and nice. I finally scratched it up lol I was transporting my Trek mountain bike to sell to someone on the letgo app. The aluminum pedal scratched the hell outta my truck bed! I looked at it afterwards and said to myself, oh well, it's a pickup truck lol. Leaving the lot, there was a tight turn, I said screw it....drove right over a curb hahaha. It's almost liberating driving a truck instead of a car.

I still can't believe how this little 3.6 Pentastar moves a 5,000lb truck, I was flooring it a bit today, I babied it for the first 400 miles. Even with the 3.21 gears I'm surprised it's not a complete **** with acceleration considering the A/C is on in daily 90-115 degree heat. And keep in mind I'm 300lbs also, so it's moving my bacon-blooded fat ass also lol.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Y'all ever dust the bacon with brown sugar and red pepper flakes, cook it in the oven til it's good and crispy, it's good ****

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Lol, I also got passed the honey moon stage around 400 miles. Busted a few u-turns going over the median. #truckstufff

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Truck. It's a truck. I tow my boat all over the place. Run over curbs, back in to water to unload the boat, park in grassy lots. Use it, don't abuse it. ;)

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone mention bacon?!?!?
:naughty:

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Just came from IHOP, breakfast sampler, yum, the bacon was cooked perfectly! There's few things in life that I will NEVER give up, and I will die early because of it. Bacon is one of them!

Captain Morgan spiced *** is a close 2nd!

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bacon should be its own food group.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
man this went off topic FAST.....

i agree its a vehicle if people dont want scratches dont drive it!

tourenwagen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought this truck brand new, all shining and nice. I finally scratched it up lol I was transporting my Trek mountain bike to sell to someone on the letgo app. The aluminum pedal scratched the hell outta my truck bed! I looked at it afterwards and said to myself, oh well, it's a pickup truck lol. Leaving the lot, there was a tight turn, I said screw it....drove right over a curb hahaha. It's almost liberating driving a truck instead of a car.

I still can't believe how this little 3.6 Pentastar moves a 5,000lb truck, I was flooring it a bit today, I babied it for the first 400 miles. Even with the 3.21 gears I'm surprised it's not a complete **** with acceleration considering the A/C is on in daily 90-115 degree heat. And keep in mind I'm 300lbs also, so it's moving my bacon-blooded fat ass also lol.

I bought my truck used and this was one of the biggest reasons lol, it has a couple minor dings and the bed is lined but has definitely been used... its awesome not having to baby it too much :happy107:

1quick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I pinstripped the entire passenger side in the mountains and my tailgate is scratched to all hell. Oh well, I keep telling myself it's a truck not a Mercedes.

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been helping friends of ours move and in the process they have been givng us stuff. One of the things was about 700 lbs of flagstone. As we were loading it they would gently place each piece in the back. I finally told them time is money and started tossing it. I told them its a truck and its why I bought it. I've put a few scratches on it and some will buff out if I ever get around to it.

LKWJeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The 3.6L Pentastar is a good engine and seems to fit the 1500 well. I had a ‘16 1500 with the V6 and had no issues getting around.

My ‘17 Rebel with the 5.7L is more like a wet dream. Way more power than I need but glad it’s there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zrfraser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The 3.6L Pentastar is a good engine and seems to fit the 1500 well. I had a ‘16 1500 with the V6 and had no issues getting around.

My ‘17 Rebel with the 5.7L is more like a wet dream. Way more power than I need but glad it’s there.

If my commute was shorter I would have gone with the 5.7, but it was either go with the 3.6 or not get a truck an get a sedan or another small SUV.

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Just today I floored it to get out of the way of a "texting driver" and still impressed how a small V6 moves this thing! Even with the 3.21 gears.

LKWJeeper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If my commute was shorter I would have gone with the 5.7, but it was either go with the 3.6 or not get a truck an get a sedan or another small SUV.

I went from the 3.6L to the 5.7L and the mpg decrease is extremely noticeable. I used to get about a half a tank left by the end of the week. Now I’m using about 3/4 during the week.

3.6L will last you a long time too.