Noise makes me wanna set truck on fire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a vibrating noise when I turn left at about 15 to 20 toward the front of my truck that's driving me nuts!!! Sounds like a loose bolt rattling but I can't seem to pin point it. I know it's under the truck, sounds like the driver side but I'm not sure. I do have a shock leaking on that side but doesn't look like it's the cause of it I can't figure it out. Any suggestions?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

fordtech90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on tapatalk so I can't c if you have a sig. what's the details on ya truck. Lift tires wheels. Any recent maintenance or accidents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm on tapatalk so I can't c if you have a sig. what's the details on ya truck. Lift tires wheels. Any recent maintenance or accidents?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought the truck brand new 2015 RAM 1500 Laramie no accidents and have a zone 6" lift with stock rims and 35" kumho Mt. I've had the life a year with no issues an now got a rattle.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Bought the truck brand new 2015 RAM 1500 Laramie no accidents and have a zone 6" lift with stock rims and 35" kumho Mt. I've had the life a year with no issues an now got a rattle.

ah see you threw some more variables in there. I would replace the shocks..go with something better like bilsteins since you're most likely on stock shocks. Then check out the wheel bearings, then ball joints upper and lower. Steering rack, and so on. Process of elimination

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have some of the rancho quicklifts I just haven't installed them yet. I originally thought it was my side steps but I checked up an down an it's not them. It sounds like something really thin like the little metal piece on the brake calipers that keep the dust off but it's odd to me it's only when I turn left

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
since you cant identify where it is coming from i would really just start with what you know is wrong. While you're swapping the struts i would just check the dust shield

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If he wanted to spend the money to have the dealer look at it he probably would have. He obviously came here looking for some friendly and free help/advice.
Yea I'd rather stay away from the dealer's they USUALLY are idiots but there are some good ones.
since you cant identify where it is coming from i would really just start with what you know is wrong. While you're swapping the struts i would just check the dust shield
That's the plan for this weekend an hopefully it'll fix it I was just gonna check an see if it may be a problem others have had.

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Also check your front end links. When one of them go bad or get loose, they like to rattle over certain bumps or angles.

OP
OP
GreenGoblin

GreenGoblin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Also check your front end links. When one of them go bad or get loose, they like to rattle over certain bumps or angles.
10-4 will do. I'm hoping nothing is gonna be bad after 25,000 miles but obviously something is

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007