Power Steering Pump Pulley/Bearing Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Niveko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone replaced a a noisy power steering pump pulley? Or has anyone replaced the bearing in the pulley? No one in my city sells the pulley, they just sell the pump, without the pulley. Ive deduced that the squealing is coming from the pulley and would like to replace it or the bearing, but why on earth would I replace a pump that is seemingly fine? Anyone like to chime in on this?

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Has anyone replaced a a noisy power steering pump pulley? Or has anyone replaced the bearing in the pulley? No one in my city sells the pulley, they just sell the pump, without the pulley. Ive deduced that the squealing is coming from the pulley and would like to replace it or the bearing, but why on earth would I replace a pump that is seemingly fine? Anyone like to chime in on this?

The squealing is not from the pulley, there is no bearing for the pulley. It is pressed onto the shaft of the pump, or bolted. If the pump is noisy and the fluid is full, chances are the pump is shot.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You will replace the pump because parts are not repairable anymore. Not like the old days.

OP
OP
N

Niveko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The squealing is not from the pulley, there is no bearing for the pulley. It is pressed onto the shaft of the pump, or bolted. If the pump is noisy and the fluid is full, chances are the pump is shot.

I suppose it is a matter of time before that audible squeal becomes a defective pump. I best be looking for a replacement. Thanks for your reply.